Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce 2.5" Catback review (VE LFX v6)

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
Hi, just got an XForce 2.5" put in today.
I will detail what I like and don't like about it so you may judge for yourself.

What I like:
The Sound,
It has a tone I like and it delivers it very well as if through a forceful pressure wave that fills the air. This is achievement #1, I actually like the sound. It doesn't roar up at 5000rpm and over which I would like. But it still sounds pretty good. Its a sociable, mellow but forceful sound. It has some balls now, not like a v8. But it has v6 balls (still balls lol xd).

Responsiveness,
I can literally bash it into any gear (except maybe 2nd) and fling that clutch back and boom, I'm in gear. The engine revs down so much faster. It's a smooth drive. That being said there is also about 70% less engine braking which is actually excellent. Because if I do happen to miss a clutch engagement by a little bit the juttering effect is immensely reduced.

It looks good,
It's shiny and clean xd.

What I don't like:
DRONE,
It drones all the way up to 3000rpm. It's like zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ-3000rpm-WRAAAAAAAP (if you understand that). It's pretty loud, like really loud. If it was quieter I wouldn't care but it's just a tad too loud *sometimes* and only sometimes though. It makes it sound kinda cool as the sound kinda works its way up.
Also, as mentioned before, if it had a v6 screaming roar up top then I also wouldn't mind the drone. Maybe cams/vvt are involved with this too?

Some shitty sound emitting from the middle section,
So yeah there's a shitty, tinny, metallic, rattly annoying sound that occurs in varying volumes at different times or sometimes not at all. It's weird. It originates from the middle muffles or around the middle section. Could just be something loose I dunno. I don't feel confident revving it in front of mates because it will make this sound. But I don't care for showing off either.

I lost some bottom end under 2300rpm, gained an actual feel-able gain up towards redline ~5000rpm onward. Butt dyno is accurate k.

Overall I am content with it. Nothing to blow my socks off but I like it.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
there is no such thing as a v6 exhaust that doesn't drone, or maybe its the car crying because they put an exhaust on it.

Regardless good write up, hopefully people will find this in the future rather than asking for the 100,000,000,000 time

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
I quite like the sound really :D

I actually prefer it over a lot of v8's I hear. There's some pretty ordinary sounding v8's around through... and even worse sounding v6's.

Last edited: