Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce 2.5inch exhaust

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
Hey guys, i have a s012 VE SSV ute and had put a 2.5inch s/s Xforce catback system on it, the exhaust sounds good when you give it a bit of a boot, idling sounds alright but fairly quiet. im not sure whether i want to swap it out for a full 3inch system or keep the 2.5inch and put headers and cats on. i want a deeper note, but nothing too loud, i know headers will give a deeper note, but not sure how much it will give. ive searched everywhere for videos on each system and even different brands, cant make up my mind.
my question or questions rather are:
1) can i get a set of headers and cats to fit the 2.5inch but also fit a 3inch system if i choose to do so? (id rather not spend more money on another exhaust if a set of headers and cats will make it nicer)
2) what do most stock VE SSV's/SS's idle at?

Cheers
Luke

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I would add headers and cats to your 2.5 and if that's not loud enough switch it out for the 3 inch (the headers and cats will fit both the 2.5 and 3 inch systems). I also started out with only the 2.5 Xforce catback then added headers and cats later and it made a huge difference to the exhaust note, sounds heaps better and not a flat note like it was with only the catback, it is also a good bit louder. I guarantee a full 2.5inch system will sound much better than just a 3inch catback. If you add headers and cats you will also need to get the ute tuned which isn't exactly cheap but it will extract the most potential out of your exhaust, you might as well throw an air intake on while your at it too.

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
I would add headers and cats to your 2.5 and if that's not loud enough switch it out for the 3 inch (the headers and cats will fit both the 2.5 and 3 inch systems). I also started out with only the 2.5 Xforce catback then added headers and cats later and it made a huge difference to the exhaust note, sounds heaps better and not a flat note like it was with only the catback, it is also a good bit louder. I guarantee a full 2.5inch system will sound much better than just a 3inch catback. If you add headers and cats you will also need to get the ute tuned which isn't exactly cheap but it will extract the most potential out of your exhaust, you might as well throw an air intake on while your at it too.

Thanks for that mate, I might do that and put the headers and cats on first and see what I think, now I don't know whether to go xforce headers and cats or hurricane, which is what the guys I got the catback done through, do those brands
I would have gotten a tune and OTR package done anyway, maybe later, maybe at the same time idk,
Thanks again mate

QAR

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS-V Wagon
Swap out stock headers for HSV extractors and HFC. Bolts up to same position as stock, deeper better sound, max power from unopened engine.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Alternatibely sell the xforce and buy a full Difilippo system, or Manta they are the best.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hurricanes won't be a direct fit to the Xforce cat back. You will need to fit XForce headers and cats or change the system to suit Hurricane headers and cats.

Everyone has their own taste in sound so if you like the XForce, keep it and use their headers and cats, that would be the cheapest option anyway.

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
thanks for the replies guys.
what do you reckon for a size of headers to go with the 2.5inch exhaust and to possibly fit a 3 inch. i dont necessarily want power, mainly sound for a nice deep note (i know a 3 inch would be ideal but dont want it too loud to attract unwanted attention)

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I would go the 1 3/4 headers with 100 cell 3 inch cats.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
How much do you want to spend to just change the sound?

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute
I would go the 1 3/4 headers with 100 cell 3 inch cats.
thats what i was thinking but with 200cpi cats so its a still kinda legal.

How much do you want to spend to just change the sound?
nothing too ridiculous, i still want resell value if i dont like the sound. i was thinking of just going the Xforce headers and cats and hope for the best. people say they sound alright, and have heard a few on youtube that sound pretty good aswell. but have a bit of time to think about it as work is pretty hectic at the moment.
why? what have you got in mind?