Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce 3 inch exhaust hitting heat shroud

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Hi all hoping for some help. I have a 2014 redline with a 3 inch xforce exhaust. I am sad to say that when I drive it sounds like the car is falling apart! My holden dealer checked it out and have said the exhaust touches the heat shroud which makes the noise. It is worse when the car is cold. I thought this would of been designed better than this they have suggested removing heat shroud. Any advice or should I look at a 2.5 inch exhaust or back to standard?
Ps I love the exhaust note just not the rattle!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do you still have the original exhaust?
'Cos if not, isn't it going to cost the same to replace this XForce one with something properly designed & which offers the same sound & performance, as it is to go back to stock?

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
More than likely mate. Can you suggest a good exhaust that won't have this problem? The standard exhaust didn't come with the car unfortunately. I am surprised that xforce has this issue. Could the exhaust I have possibly be modified maybe?

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
Ive got a 2 and a half inch xforce whixh doesnt foul anything. I also have my standard pipes and rear mufflers at home. If your near to me and want to buy it

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
I had similar issue once on a old car had I took it back to the place that fitted it and they just heated it up and bent it away from what the exhaust was hitting. Yeah it sound horrible when the exhaust runs on things when excelerating

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Hey mate cheers I'm in Adelaide. I might see if they can heat and readjust it. If not then will go the 2.5 I guess. Thanks guys

Rothel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Yeah definitely go back to whoever installed it and get them to rectify the issue

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I do Manta and the 3" doesn't hit on the heat shields at all. The only thing that may touch on any 3" system is the brace that is bolted across the tunnel. A couple of washers between it and the body is all that is needed to space it away from the exhaust. 2 1/2" never hits anything.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
All sorted. I took it to my local exhaust shop an they just re adjusted bolts. They where surprised how far above the brace it was as they said it usually hits that. D@T at Salisbury fixed it no probs. very fair price and did it while I waited!! Thanks guys can get back to driving this awesome machine now!