Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce exhaust = Higher idle?

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Hi guys, got an xforce exhaust put onto my 2011 omega Series 2.
Every now and again the idle will be a little higher when stopped. Id say 100 - 150rpm higher. Noticeable to the ear if you listen to the engine. Eventually it will fix itself and return to normal idle of around 550rpm after a few minutes of driving again. This does not occur every day. It's pretty rare to happen. Maybe once week or so driving to and from work and the driving on weekends.
I will say though and i have mentioned it on this forum that xforce sent the exhaust place i got the car done at the wrong center muffler/piping of 2.5" and the rear muffler assembly is 2.25". So the exhaust flow from the engine would increase then decrease as the rear piping is smaller correct? I'd assume this would not have any effect at all with the idle?
Or maybe this is just common as i may need a tune? any other people with an exhaust on their VE Series 2 notice this?
Thanks

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Could it be ancillaries load on the engine? Ie: AC / Alt / power steer?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Nothing to worry about, not to do with the exhaust, that's normal.

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Nothing to worry about, not to do with the exhaust, that's normal.

Really? what is the car actually doing in the time rpm is slightly higher? Never noticed it before the exhaust was put on. Thanks

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
Well its at the lights when stopped. 90% of the time the car idles perfect just a smidge above half way. That other 10%, the rev needle would go up a fraction, 3-4mm maybe? 150rpm's id say. Mind you this is when the engine is warmed up and going

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I don't know exactly, you can find that out yourself using the OBD and a process of observation and elimination. What you describe is more to do with the front dress and alternator load.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Probably better that the exhaust is smaller at the rear, it would actually speed the flow as the gases cool and become denser when moving towards the outlet