Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce Exhaust problems with the vf sv6.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Hey all, recently i purchased an new Xforce stainless steel 2.25 inch catback and i went to put it on the other night an when i went to connect it to the cats it doesnt actually fit, ill put a photo up so you can see what im talking about. I got it of a place called exhaust shop and it says for the ve/vf sv6 ute so i figured it should've bolted staight up but clearly not. Do i have to so any cutting or is it just the wrong exhaust?

Attachments

• 20170309_204509.jpg
    20170309_204509.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 599

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
That circle thing you guys are referring to is called a flange or flange gasket. It will pry off with a screwdriver.
Remove that flange completely from the factory exhaust and see if it will slip inside the xforce catback.
If it doesn't fit just cut that step off that is protruding from the factory exhaust section with a hacksaw or a grinder and then bolt it together but make sure to use the gasket.

Talidorian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vf II SV6 Black Edition
That circle thing you guys are referring to is called a flange or flange gasket. It will pry off with a screwdriver.
Remove that flange completely from the factory exhaust and see if it will slip inside the xforce catback.
If it doesn't fit just cut that step off that is protruding from the factory exhaust section with a hacksaw or a grinder and then bolt it together but make sure to use the gasket.
When i had my X-Force catback system installed, the Flange Gaskets were removed completely. It was just bolted up with the normal Gasket, i take it this is the incorrect way of doing it?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
Well now i feel like a right dick ahahha. Just got a chisel gave it a little tap and off it came. Cheers for the help guys.