Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce exhaust problems.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hmm i didn't think xforce was that bad. i've never had them but still... didn't realise it was hard to build/mount a exhaust...? i know there are the exceptions for custom ****. but a standard day to day job of mounting the same exhaust on standard cars...

Did you mount it? sorry if you did didn't mean to say your ****. because if it comes ####ed regardless what you do its ####ed. so my appoligies. just thought the xforce shop made/mounted it. sorry.

Good info to know that. all my exhaust have been custom and nothing off the shelf. my one on my SV6 cost me... 2.7k (ish) and its mild steel with cermaic coated pacie headers.

yeah i prolly got ripped... but its exactly how i want it and i love it.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Ehh, Pacemaker systems cost $3000ish so 2700 isn't too bad. (fugged if i'd ever pay $3000 for an exhaust system though)

And yeah, my pacemaker system is stainless.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have XForce.

That is, until my bank balance grows so I can get it changed.

I dont have reliability issues. It fits properly. It was cheap.

It just ......... doesnt sound that good. Cant describe it. But I'm unhappy. As since I have to drive the car for 1.5-2hours every day for work, I'm willing to pay a price premium to get oe I like.

Reccomendations? I Drive a VE SSV btw.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
didn't realise it was hard to build/mount a exhaust...?

its not, its a peice of piss, but most people dont have access to a hoist, welder or a mandrel pipe bender, i was lucky that i have family in the exhaust business so it took me an hour to knock up my twin 3in catback... YES its LOUD, but thats how i like it ;-)

29122009120.jpg

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
ive got the x force twin 2.5 and its fine fits better than the manta twin 2.5 and is about the same as the difilippo one as well but sounds better than them both i drones a bit more but i can deal with it

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Julian , one side is loonger the other so when you crash and bend the car the exhaust sits right .

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have an XForce on my car... YAY!

Um, so in regards to the exhaust hitting one of the hangers @ the centre mufflers.

How difficult is it to bend this hanger?

I think I get the same issue when I properly align the rear muffler.

Pretty much, when I got the car the rear muffler was sitting too far towards the driver side and the tip was contacting the bar.

When I sorted out the alignment by re-organising the coupling rubber I had a great alignment BUT it now sounded like there was a midget under my car hitting the exhaust with a mallet.

I was going to take the car to an exhaust place to try and heve them sort out the alignment but if it's the hanger, then I can try and get under there to sort it out myself.

Thoughts?