Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce exhaust problems.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yep, going to have a look into this next weekend. Hoping I can sort this out as painlessly as possible.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Jester, can you take it back to where you got it done?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I didn't get the exhaust done... I'd never buy an xforce system as I've never heard great things about them.

Car came with it as is. In the distant future I will look at putting a Manta system on but in the mean time I have to sort this out as the rear alignment is annoying me.

Just going to try and sort it out myself this weekend which will be free and if I can't, then I will hand it over to an exhaust place and it will cost me around 80.

No big deal.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
All right.

So on saturday I put the car on body stands and investigated.

I discovered that it was actually the muffler contacting with the tailshaft and not the hanger, which I was annoyed with as now I didn't have a plan on what to do.

Decided to see what I could do about "re-aligning" the pipes after the final muffler.

Anyway, took a bit of persuasion but I managed to move it across, maybe even a little too far. :p

Took it for a drive around the block and I didn't hear any noises suggesting the tailshaft was in contact with the muffler, though I wasn't overly happy with the clearance as it was only about 3mm off. :(

I might fine tune the alignment this weekend.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
its not, its a peice of piss, but most people dont have access to a hoist, welder or a mandrel pipe bender, i was lucky that i have family in the exhaust business so it took me an hour to knock up my twin 3in catback... YES its LOUD, but thats how i like it ;-)

29122009120.jpg

oi u wanna totally do my exhaust on my car :D lol

Ash84

VE Clubsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ClubSport
Ive got 1 3/4" Extractors and full 3" stainless xforce system.. not an issue in the world..