Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce extractors

owens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
hey guys

im thinking of getting some xforce extractors on my vt v6... anyone had an experience with them? By the look of them they are a tuned length design - 1 5/8 primaries and 2 1/4 outlets.. ill also be replacing the Y-Piece (with smoother bends) and just using the stock cat converter.. I've already done the catback (redback with rear resi)...thoughts on power delivery/performance ect??

cheers

matt

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
How much are they quoting fitted ? They seem to be a new header, possibly press bent, you sure you wanna go the bigger primaries ? Even under boost, sometimes the bigger is not necessary, especially with tuned length, it already flows a lot. Speak to the guy with the machine gun cat (Not an Abba Fan), he knows the works with exhaust and headers.

I was going to get them, but i ended up with a good price for Genies, $520 fitted, thought that was cheap so i added the ceramic coating as well, so around $800. For my car genie dont make a larger size than 1 1/2 inch, but its tuned length, coated inside, enough flow for me. Also in the Pacemaker the larger sizes seem to cut out the EGR valve, i still wanna keep it legal (my own opinion). For the VT they aim for the larger pipe diameter 1 5/8, Try-y design and still maintain EGR etc for some brands.

I think Pacemaker and HM headers have a Y piece attachment extra, or ask the exhaust shop to make one up for you.

owens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
how does the genie system work for you? was there noticeable power gains? i think id prefer a try-y design for the lower down power.. As for xforce headers there mandrel bent.. $300 not including fitting.. so most likely around 500-550 with a Y-Piece made up and fitting..

any one with an ecotec and extractors.. talk to me!

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
I've got a full exhaust on my VY. It has Hm super6 extractors (bigger secondaries) with HM cats and a VZ aftermarket 2.5" catback. The sound is pretty decent as well as the gain in performance. Over the weekend following the installation I found that my motor was able to breathe a whole lot better.

Hope that helps,

-Nick.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
The Genies have been fantastic ! THe customer service was great, Brad up at Genies in Queensland was great with info. Can really feel it rev out, jerks, i asked the same question about tune versus try-y.

Ecotecs supposedly die in the top end, so the tuned length is meant to help with that. Also the extractors are meant to bring the torque on earlier, hence the improvement down low. Some have said, they noticed no diff, but i definately feel it. The extractors did get noisier as the weeks went on though & the coating really helps with the temps, i can touch them immediately once turned off........ I also went Genies to try them as they are meant to have new designs, and the Sureflo guys said Pacies and Genies were the best.

Advance Headers have Dyno tests showing Press bent headers with a larger primary making good gains over the others, not sure how true but never the less an excellent header. The press bent can sometimes be better, especially in the lower end. I am waiting on the Raptor Intake manifold, and possible a Mace Heads and Cam & Rotrex Charger down the track (funds permitting). These headers are enough for me (If not, i will go larger Cat which will open up the flow). Apparently Tuned is better for later mods, for example HM Headers are an excellent quality header, try y, inteference type, but once cars are modded, dont seem to be recommended, Pacies are the ones mostly used in its variations on the modded cars.

Like i said, talk to the cat man (Notanabbafan).

Attachments

• P5220018.JPG
    P5220018.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

owens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
thanks mate, they look nice.
got a quote of an exhaust joint local to me, apparently there expensive, anyway he said $250 for installation and a custom y-piece (press bent).. provided i supply the header.. i'll do the ring around and see how i go. Ill report back when its all done!

cheers for the input.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
thanks mate, they look nice.
got a quote of an exhaust joint local to me, apparently there expensive, anyway he said $250 for installation and a custom y-piece (press bent).. provided i supply the header.. i'll do the ring around and see how i go. Ill report back when its all done!

cheers for the input.

Thats a good price i reckon. Fitting extractors alone they all quote 2 hours. Then there's his time to make the Y -piece as well. Are you changing the Cat as well ? May as well as he has to cut near it for the Y Piece.

owens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Thats a good price i reckon. Fitting extractors alone they all quote 2 hours. Then there's his time to make the Y -piece as well. Are you changing the Cat as well ? May as well as he has to cut near it for the Y Piece.

I'd like to.. unfortunately uni student budgets are not that forgiving haha. Ive been told the standard cat has fair decent flow anyways..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Also in the Pacemaker the larger sizes seem to cut out the EGR valve, i still wanna keep it legal (my own opinion). For the VT they aim for the larger pipe diameter 1 5/8, Try-y design and still maintain EGR etc for some brands.

I think Pacemaker and HM headers have a Y piece attachment extra, or ask the exhaust shop to make one up for you.

Pacemakers don'r have the Y pipe, HM's do it as an extra. The larger primary size in the Pacemakers are for the Super 6 which don't have the EGR fitting.

owens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Pacemakers don'r have the Y pipe, HM's do it as an extra. The larger primary size in the Pacemakers are for the Super 6 which don't have the EGR fitting.

hmm.. what does the ERG fitting do? Thoughts on a budget - yet still worthy - extractor system to complement the existing redback 2.5?

cheers