Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xplod into VS not looking good

Sickness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Esteem 3.8
Ok guys, I know there are lots of these threads but from what I have found in hours of searching, nothing has worked. Yesterday I begun installing a sony xplod gt-570 head unit into my vs, I got the old head unit out easy enough. Then it started going wrong. I found a bad thread which advised me to cut the original wires and rejoin them with the ones that came in the box. After what I thought was an accurate job (with the exception of 2 wires the install instructions don't cover very well, simply labeled as +) nothing happens. I cant be to far off. But I just dont know whats going on now. I cant even open the cd drive of the unit. Any ideas of what could have gone wrong?
Thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Doesn't sound like you have power to the unit properly,

make sure the yellow wire on the headunit is connected to +12v constant (should be orange) and the red wire is connected to accessories (should be yellow) and the black wire is earthed properly.

It should then power up, if not check your fuses.

Sickness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Esteem 3.8
Thanks, had to fix up one wire. I'm guess the the orange one is the orange and purple one. Still nothing. I checked the radio fuse but im guessing I should check others?

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
this should help you out.

2qd1y5l.jpg

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
You need a test light or multimeter to check your wires with.

Did you disconnect the battery before you cut the wires?
If not then you probably blew a fuse, check all the fuses under the steering wheel

Sickness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Esteem 3.8
It all seems to be connected right. The only unconnected wire is the illumination (brown and white) which I dont know what to do with. Knowing me its probably something really obvious. I have connected the wires (seemingly) correct, plugged power in, checked radio fuse, connected battery, reset unit and tested. I guess I'll do another thorough check of the connections eh.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
How are you making your connections?

The illumination wire is unused.. as i said get a test light/multimeter and test your constant, accessories and earth. If any them aren't right it wont turn on

Sickness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Esteem 3.8
SUCCESS! Turns out the fuses confused me, I traded my power windows for some sound, very worth it. thanks guys. now to fully test it
Ill report back with full results
Thank you lots guys, I knew that it was a matterof time :)

Sickness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Esteem 3.8
Fully working. alot louder as i had underpowered 200w's in the back. no melted electrical tape. seems to be a good product so far. still gota get some money for the rest of the setup
planned:
12" 1200w xplod sub (seated inbetween rear side seats in the boot, fold down middle for better sound)
200w xplod front and rear speakers
2 xplod amps, one for sub the other for speakers

thats just a rough idea, ill probably get whatever I can in a cheap deal. all xplod though.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice going, remember to disconnect the battery before playing with electricals next time ;)

Can I ask why all Xplod?