Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

XR6 Install

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Just thought i would share some ideas if there is ne ford drivers on here somwhere lookin 2 do boot install (hope not hahaha jks) i did 1 last weekend and just got some pictures back ne1 got ne question ask away it wasnt 2 difficult at all. Main thing here u can still get 2 the spare easy aswell as it looks tidy and u can still store a **** load in the boot :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sub (1).JPG
    sub (1).JPG
    522.3 KB · Views: 293
  • sub (2).JPG
    sub (2).JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 360
  • sub (3).JPG
    sub (3).JPG
    577.1 KB · Views: 460
  • sub (4).JPG
    sub (4).JPG
    567.9 KB · Views: 349
  • sub (5).JPG
    sub (5).JPG
    613.1 KB · Views: 508

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer i know dw i gave the bloke a bit of stick bout it haha but yer u can do this 2 just bout ne boot so just thought it would give ppl some easy ideas and was fairly cheap 2 do also

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i dont understand?? u spent the time cutting everything to shape.. but then u ruin it by not carpeting it properly?? why didnt u carpet over the screws and sub box? theres still time to fix it man.. and yeh haha this is a commodore forum.. get that ford out of here! haha

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
I've albeit given up on the installs,had a nice setup in the VT but boot space was at a premium.Since parting with the VT I have realized that the XR6 factory premium sound is exellent quality for what it is.It has 4 6by9s and a sub and sounds good.So I don't need an install in the XR6 and I get to keep the boot space.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
i dont understand?? u spent the time cutting everything to shape.. but then u ruin it by not carpeting it properly?? why didnt u carpet over the screws and sub box? theres still time to fix it man.. and yeh haha this is a commodore forum.. get that ford out of here! haha

because the screws have there own lil black caps they hadnt been put on in that photo also if u look the amps rnt hooked up yet so the panels were made so they can b taken off so u can run the wiring through and tidy it all up behind the panels.

Also the panels had 2 b put 2gether separate, 3 pieces as the step behind the spare wheel stopped u from makin it all in 1 piece. As 4 the box well he didnt wanna carpet it, y? i dont know i did offer 2 carpet the lot but thats wat he wanted.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
yer thats ok.. your just lucky tou have explanations for everything hahaha! i suppose its better than what i had.. i big ass box sliding into my quarter panels..

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer ahaha u gotta plan 4 these things n take it into account u can prolly use some of it on ur box doesnt the VN have a lip in the boot also?? well the VP i did a few weeks back did id assume they would b pretty much the same.