Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

XR6 turbo engine into vn-vs commodore

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
i have seen it done in a totally stock grampa spec vk lol....i would stick to rb engines as the inlet and exhaust manifolds face the right way for a commodore.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I haven't seen the turbo motor but there was a stock looking VL with a AU? motor in it all engineered. It sold for about $1200 so the engine must fit :) not sure what K frame you would use but one of the 3 must fit

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i would of thought they would be a bit long.... the DOHC motors are pretty big..
would be worth going to a wreckers and doing some measurements cos the firewall would have some clearance problems

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
They are massive indeed, I saw one laying in the dirt at the scrap yard once and I was like what the hell is that:!) looks big enough for a train and someone goes nah it's a Ford I6, seriously a tank of a engine when it's laying down on the ground

combatantsomeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim v6..?
Hmm this appears old but we'll see
Did some measurements on my BA XT and from wat i can gather
IF you were to put the thermo in front of the radiator and chuck the aircon, you should in theory be able to fit it, would probably need some sort of bonnet bulge as engine is very high
Anyone got a link to one in an early commodore? or know which Xmember to use?
would be pretty kool to have, great on fuel and would go hard plus be diferent lol

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
ummm y wreck a commodre y not buy a ford

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to own vb commy end of year
yeh not bad idea but persoallly i fnk the rb trbo lok wold ruin that as fords enginesarenttrog enough litte overheat and dere goes ur cylinder head or cylinder head gasket had it happen many times

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
yeh not bad idea but persoallly i fnk the rb trbo lok wold ruin that as fords enginesarenttrog enough litte overheat and dere goes ur cylinder head or cylinder head gasket had it happen many times

What? Wait, you think the RB turbo would look better and that ford engines aren't as strong because they overheat and blow head gaskets? Is that it?