Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xr6 vs sv6 sidi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It's for a xr6t, not the NA version, hardly fair considering its got a huge turbo whacked on top.

It's a completely FAIR comparison when you can drive either an SV6 or an XR6T for around the same money...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
That would be an opinion there,reallity is the driver behind the wheel being the biggest hurdle.Did you know the Ford with ZF auto takes of in 2nd gear unless mashed back to first at some stage,I guarrantee the 1/4 mile time(magazine) was achieved left in D and taking of in 2nd.1st in the ZF is in the 4's ratio wise and with the torque will smash a SV6 out of the hole and hold it at bay by the end of the quarter.

Do yourself a favour and go test drive a XR6 that has 5000kms or so + on it then report back with an honest view,Im not saying it will change totally but your "hands down"comment wont be so sure.

The joys of not being biass and why I drive an XR6 aswell.

If you visit the Ford Forums you will see that 14.6 has been beaten easilly with an FG XR6 N/A(stock) with a timeslip to prove it,plus the person has been doing this stuff for ages and sets the trend so to speak for early development of most things N/A.

Call up motors mag and ask them?? Till then its all suspicion. I don't really care that much anyway as I prefer manual.

The VE wieghs more, and uses skinnier tyres, so with better (or at least on par with fords tyres) it'd have even beaten that time.

As for the guy thats beaten 14.6... did he happen to have a SIDI with him on the same day?? The whole point of comparisons is that they are same day, same conditions, same drivers... gives it a much better/fairer result.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Splitting hairs mate.
Fact is, the XR6 and SIDI SV6 are about the same.
The only difference is styling.

Which is usually the case in any Holden vs Ford arguement unless you're tottaly one eyed... oh Hi CSP! :D

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Splitting hairs mate.
Fact is, the XR6 and SIDI SV6 are about the same.
The only difference is styling.
But I love trollin CSP :(

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Which is usually the case in any Holden vs Ford arguement unless you're tottaly one eyed... oh Hi CSP! :D

I have owned a VE Calais, a VE Clubsport R8 and a VE Calais V Sportwagon (V8). All three of them are not as good as the XR50T. I am not one eyed at all. I buy the best available at the time. And currently, Holden don't have anything to match what Ford are offering in the FG Falcons and FPVs.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Call up motors mag and ask them?? Till then its all suspicion. I don't really care that much anyway as I prefer manual.

The VE wieghs more, and uses skinnier tyres, so with better (or at least on par with fords tyres) it'd have even beaten that time.

As for the guy thats beaten 14.6... did he happen to have a SIDI with him on the same day?? The whole point of comparisons is that they are same day, same conditions, same drivers... gives it a much better/fairer result.

Facts are presented yet you dismiss it straight away,good luck with LIFE you will need it.By the way,you have the suspicion,you go and bl@@dy call them ya waste of space.

You are what makes a HOLDEN supporter embarassing.

Everyone,PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS DRIBBLE FLOWING FROM THE KIDS MOUTH.A pure waste of JustCommodores web space really.......

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
typical response... "blahblah I can't offer a concise reply so I'll hang **** on his character"

yep whatever mate...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning" - Fast and Furios LOL

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
I have owned a VE Calais, a VE Clubsport R8 and a VE Calais V Sportwagon (V8). All three of them are not as good as the XR50T. I am not one eyed at all. I buy the best available at the time. And currently, Holden don't have anything to match what Ford are offering in the FG Falcons and FPVs.

Especially with Cyote,oooowl yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.