Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xr6 vs sv6 sidi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Who cares? Buy a V8.

I would, but still on P's you see. Got my eye on the new GT... or maybe just wait for the ls9 haha

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
So you're a homophobe now as well? How do you know motors mag didn't start it in 1st? You don't know... you won't until you call them up... end of story.

lol.
You don't either. so shut up. You make a comment and ask others to prove your wrong?

I'm with Jakstas, get over your slow V6. Go drive a V8 and you'll never have this arguement again.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Quit the name calling children...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
lol.
You don't either. so shut up. You make a comment and ask others to prove your wrong?

I'm with Jakstas, get over your slow V6. Go drive a V8 and you'll never have this arguement again.

What comment did I make? He claimed that motors started it in D... I didn't f####innnn hell guys... chillaxe.

As i said, pplates my man. Anyway I'm off. Agree not much of a difference between the two... sorry for stirrin ya CSP, couldnt help it haha

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
lol.

Not everyone can afford to buy a V8, and in this day in age affording to run one is increasingly difficult.

Your statement of "GET A V8 COS ITS BETTER LOL" is ridiculous.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesn't stop you taking one for a quick spin...

Not everyone can afford to buy a V8, and in this day in age affording to run one is increasingly difficult.

Its about as rediculous as this thread. If you can't afford a V8 you can't afford the performance. Its as simple as that, fuel consumption is directly related to the power output. Doesn't matter if its 2ltr or 7ltr.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
anyway the whiole point of a sports 6 is not for straight line poke its for giving it a punt around the twisties and the manual sv6 does that fine less weight in the nose that an 8 so entry and apex speeds will be better but you wont have the poke out of the corner that the 8 or turbo do. if you want to charge of the line buy a big atmo 8 if you care about terminal speeds and 1/4 miles than the forced induction engines the go. if you want a reaxed cruiser that has a 6 both xr and sv6 are good each has aspects better that the other neither will set the world on fire in a drag race IMHO the holden looks better and i preffer the way it drives over the ford

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

I switched to a turbo 4, currently averiging 9.4 around the city. get better performance stock than most of the aussie 8's out there. In this day and age, there isn't really a need for big engined cars. Unless your chasing times down the 1/4 I wouldn't even go a 6. For me there is 2 options, V8 setup to go fast in a straight line, useless on the street or a turbo 4 to go quick on the street and have kickarse consumption.

Now that I have seen the mY11 rex in the flesh it will only be a few more months before I hopefully upgrade to MY11 sti sedan. Best switch I ever made and don't regret it one bit. If wanting to go fast in a straight line, def an 8, forget the 6's.

Go karts ftw :p

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think they weights between the V6 and V8 would be negligable.

But you hit the nail on the head. It all comes down to prefferance with styling.

Minux - I reckon I could make any car quick on the street with 4.11 or 4.44 final drive :D. Are you getting the Auto, diesel version of the MY11?

Status
Not open for further replies.