Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xtrons D712 review

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
Ok so i got a new head unit.. Its a Xtrons D712 (ebay brand) Non gps model
D712-1_zps25818a1d.jpg

734182_10151360076005769_325868499_n_zps07be31c1.jpg

531324_10151360076285769_1607068062_n_zpsbd0ffb1f.jpg

RRP: AU $229.99 with free postage from factory(hong kong)

Features: Region free DVD, Tv tuner, Ipod conectivity, Bluetooth, diferend logos for front

Things I like:
All the features, Everything works to how they said it would,
Can change logos when you first turn on the screen and on main menu (has holden, GM and chev for us holden guys)
Bluetooth connectivity is great (no echoes when talking)
Screen quality is decent and the price is great
Fitted great into my vs

Things I dislike:
Sound quality was not that good when using the HU inbuilt amp but as im using a amp for speakers cant give a great review for the SQ.
Would prefer to have the plug for iPod connection at the back of head unit rather then front,
Same goes for usb you plug the usb into a cable which i would prefer to have usb going straight into the HU
Cant really use the HU without screen out... Hard to change between iPod, radio and usb without screen open and not that many buttons on HU to control it
They say you can use cars remote control(steering wheel control) but they never say which wires you use from back of head unit

All in all not a bad headunit for price but i guess its a get what you pay!

Star rating out of five:3/5

Last edited:

Michail

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lancer CS_A

aj159 thanks a lot for your review, but could you provide more photos, such as Radio and TV interface, or maybe a small video about operation?
i'll be very grateful to you, because there is no video of this model in internet :(

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
Yeah no worries mate sorry about the late reply
Ok so ill just tell you abit more about it untill i can upload a video
the radio mode works really well, has 3 Fm modes (so 18 FM stations can be programmed) and 2 AM modes... Radio station stays in the centre,
I havnt used the analog TV mode as when i bought this i bought the Digital tv tuner.. That works nicely but can be hard to get good reception so it maters where you put the antenna supplied with the digital tv tuner
Analog tv requires the antenna cord you use on tvs and an antenna to suit cord..
Ill get some photos up tonight

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
External amp or not your still amplifying the analog signal from the head unit which in a way becomes more important than the external amp you use.....

Michail

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lancer CS_A

thanks for the answer, i'll wait impatiently!
just like to see the usability and responsiveness of the user interface, because most of such systems are awful!

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
External amp or not your still amplifying the analog signal from the head unit which in a way becomes more important than the external amp you use.....

Ok then the analog radio is good sound quality is good as it is crisp and very punchy when I'm listening with my amp and subs