Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yank with an SS

Schinbone

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
Hello all, just bought an Pontiac G8 GT here in the states. Got it past the wifey as spacious family car. No pics yet as the other yank put up. I will post em as soon as I get it. When I was driving home after I bought it I was grinning like a shot fox.:yeah: O% financing for 60/mo and invoice price, plus a good deal on my trade. Im a driver for the railroad here, so I guess I wont get to spend much time with her, but what I lack it quantity I will make up for in quality. Ive been driving a Honda 4cyl for a long time and when I drove the old girl I just could not stop smiling. Fast, rides well on the highway, quiet, and most important.....goes like hell. Cant wait till it comes in. Besides, they dont sell XR6 Turbos here......Just joking.....

Cheers

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see some pics of it.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Quite a step up from a Honda 4-banger :)

Welcome to the forum mate. Look forward to seeing what you crazy yanks have done with our beautiful engineering ;)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
PIIIIIICS!

XR6 turbo's are ok, F6 Typhoons, now theres a car you can compare to

Schinbone

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
Thanks for the welcome, getting her tomorrow. Yes quite a step up from the Honda. Although a big step back in fuel economy, but you wanna play ya gotta pay, right? Took the wife for a ride in the demo and she got the poor door handle and console in a death grip. All she said after was, we are upping your life insurance. :yeah: But I don't know that I have seen her grin like that in a car before, well not at least while it was moving.;) Pics coming soon as I can. Thanks again for the welcome.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Haha, at least she's a good sport.

You guys have some of the cheapest fuel in the world (and lucky for us Austraila isn't too far behind ;)) so enjoy it while you can, because when we catch up with the rest of the world V8's will be a thing of the past!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
so enjoy it while you can, because when we catch up with the rest of the world V8's will be a thing of the past!

**Conspiracy Theorist Alert**

What's your reasoning behind V8's disappearing?

Oh, welcome to the forum, schinbone. look after that VE.

Schinbone

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
I will look after the old girl. Well I guess I shouldnt say old. Pics are still coming there was a delay in getting her in. Saturday..... I think Sunday for you. I am just shittin kittens to get her.

Cheers

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Thanks for the welcome, getting her tomorrow. Yes quite a step up from the Honda. Although a big step back in fuel economy, but you wanna play ya gotta pay, right? Took the wife for a ride in the demo and she got the poor door handle and console in a death grip. All she said after was, we are upping your life insurance. :yeah: But I don't know that I have seen her grin like that in a car before, well not at least while it was moving.;) Pics coming soon as I can. Thanks again for the welcome.

Hahaha nice post =P

She sounds like a beauty mate
take care of it =]