Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yeah Right!

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Airstrike Plus

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Proceed with cuation!!! Go through the order with him again bit by bit. I know I would.

Be very sus - but hey the sales have fallen through the floor for big cars as the reports go so maybe the have dropped the price.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
D O N O T make the final payment before you have INSPECTED the vehicle and it meets with your COMPLETE satisfaction. I hope you haven't been 'conned' into paying 'dealer delivery' charges. Australia's MOST expensive car wash!! Good luck I hope it all works out OK for you.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Check to see that it has genuine Holden rear parking sensors, not after market ones.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
I noticed the comment about the rear parking sensors again! How can you tell if they are genuine or not? I bought my VE SV6 and ordered sensors, which were fitted after the car came from the factory. The sensors look a little different to the ones fitted to the berlina/calais (which are factory fitted). But the dealership assured me that they were genuine!

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Airstrike Plus

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
When I have bought a new car, I say something like "not paying the dealer fees because I don't want you to do anything when the car gets here. I'll pick it up as is".

They don't really know how to reply. I had to removed all the plastic and transport protection sh*t and then detail it myself. But didn't pay a cent in dealer delivery fees.

Last time was when I got me VE Calais.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Once ya get it, perfect excuse to come for a cruise ;). The refund is possible, anyone remember years ago the price went down drastically on their Adventra's? correct me if I'm wrong on model, and Holden refunded the difference to owners who had already bought one. Oh and my dealer charges I could not get out of or even negotiate, my car was already in showroom sitting all nice and pretty.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Airstrike Plus

Last edited:

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
When I have bought a new car, I say something like "not paying the dealer fees because I don't want you to do anything when the car gets here. I'll pick it up as is".

They don't really know how to reply. I had to removed all the plastic and transport protection sh*t and then detail it myself. But didn't pay a cent in dealer delivery fees.

Last time was when I got me VE Calais.

As it turns out, the dealer fee only really covers transport and a detail, because as most readers of this forum are aware, the original flat battery problems were caused because the dealers did not carry out Holden pre-delivery procedure and actually charge the batteries prior to delivery. Hence a whole bunch of batteries failed.