Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Year long storage (at minimum)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'd be keeping it on its wheels rather than its stands. Keep the weight held by the suspension where it's meant to be rather than putting a point load on the rails etc.

I tend to agree. Maybe just take the weight off the springs a little. Or put those storage / transport spacers in the springs. Park it on some think insertion rubber and let some pressure out to protect the tyres.
I'd also run or low on fuel or at least add fuel stabiliser.

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
Buy some wheel dollies, the curved type. No flat spots and you can push the car around and place wherever you want.
Run the car out of petrol and remove the fuel pump fuse (not the relay) so once a month someone can turn the car over to get oil pressure up and flowing to top of engine without hurting the fuel pump.

I had a car stored 13 years like this,although i did drain the radiator.

Other than all vacuum hoses perishing,it came back to life with not too much of a fight so a year should be no problem.

But as others have said,don't leave suspension hanging on jack stands,buy the dollies.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Buy some wheel dollies, the curved type. No flat spots and you can push the car around and place wherever you want.
Run the car out of petrol and remove the fuel pump fuse (not the relay) so once a month someone can turn the car over to get oil pressure up and flowing to top of engine without hurting the fuel pump.

I had a car stored 13 years like this,although i did drain the radiator.

Other than all vacuum hoses perishing,it came back to life with not too much of a fight so a year should be no problem.

But as others have said,don't leave suspension hanging on jack stands,buy the dollies.

Instead of flat spotting wouldn't the tyres over time get 2 dimples from sitting on the dollies?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Instead of flat spotting wouldn't the tyres over time get 2 dimples from sitting on the dollies?

I'd prefer the dolly with dimples on top.