Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yella terra heads

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Stamping version of a stutter perhaps haha

Most likely done way after machine work when engine was already back in car although you'd think it'd be straighter than that if use head as guideline.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
come twin throttle work great f/i not the best n/a compared to single plane.

Only when aiming for n/a 500hp or more do you start to need larger valves & pocket porting with decent comp bump...it's also when really need to start looking at how to keep them together like oil mods,arp rod & bolt kits.

It makes f/i look like a smarter choice when compare results to hipo n/a 355...but they sound so good!!!

This is what I read everywhere on the internet. But all the actual evidence I've seen on boost vs N/A and manifold choice on all other engines suggests that better N/A numbers mean better numbers under boost.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
This is what I read everywhere on the internet. But all the actual evidence I've seen on boost vs N/A and manifold choice on all other engines suggests that better N/A numbers mean better numbers under boost.
Typically, yes. Boost pressure overcomes the shortcomings in the come front mounted ttb design as found in NA applications. Air under pressure behaves quite differently to air/gas under vacuum.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Generally yes if type of engine makes good power n/a it will make great power forced induction as long as you can keep it from rattling to death or blowing up lol.

Can also have an engine not the most efficient in n/a form make great power boosted...v6 buick is a great example

Bliss manifold probably work better than come in n/a form...neither will beat single plane with straight shot to valve if everything is matched correctly.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Typically, yes. Boost pressure overcomes the shortcomings in the come front mounted ttb design as found in NA applications. Air under pressure behaves quite differently to air/gas under vacuum.

So N/A should behave eaxctly the same then because the air is alreasy under 14.5psi. This is exactly what Richard Holdner has demonstrated in his videos on YT.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No. The pressure differential part is what you’re missing.
Yea but all the testing I've seen contradicts that assertion.
The cylinders will always make vaccume for a time period then transfer to pressure I can't see how an intake will effect this in the ways you suggest.

If an intake is poo N/A it's going to be poo under boost.

• Haha
Reactions: EYY