Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yella terra

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Be nice if TK lived closer by I'd probably have got him to fit my heads, thus giving me a reason to pick his brain on other performance mods. That's the one thing we lack here is a well known person who you know, knows his stuff. My machinist builds race engines but he has so much work on you don't get to spend anytime with him talking about the build you have on the go. Best you get is five mins here and there. Plus I get the impression he knows more than he lets on. Well I have heard he really knows his stuff but I haven't been able to confirm that since I haven't spent time with him.
My bike engine builder is one of the best and he knows 2 strokes and has given me stacks of knowledge over the years, but he too lives in SA.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Once I get my heads fitted next week, currently with Merv Gray that he has had for three months, that will partially determine my thoughts on his work. If I can feel it in the pedal and see decent gains on the dyno. I will talk with him next year, when hopefully he gets on top of the mountain of work he has on the go, and see if he has any connections with someone from the dirt circuit scene that might have a SH, SC kicking around. I believe he must be ok, because since he bought Merv Gray Machine Shop the amount of work getting done there has gone spastic; heads used to be a one - two week turnaround, now it's 10-12 weeks and they have stopped taking on new jobs until they clear the backlog.

It's a bit like Harry's Gearboxes, once he reaches four months of booking ahead he says no more and you can't get in, until he clears the backlog..... Harry even sets his answer phone and says "don't leave a message as calls will not be returned, we are not booking any new jobs until ......". date.