Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AJAY95

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Gday guys I have a bit of an issue with this thing blocking the clear vision through the front window “YELLOW LICKY” have been defected for hotdogs in the back also an OTR also no permits for mods bita pain in the A**

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get papers for mods as they’re a home job.....

Also not to mention when a Coppa puts a yellow licky on isn’t that vandalism to private property to the owner of that vehicle.....???
Cheers in advance

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have to ask why did they pull you over for hotdogs? The OTR they must have seen later?

AJAY95

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Boos bus standard breatho one cop was looking at the back while other giving me breath test I think they heard me coming down the road also had to pop the Bonet

coppa was in a mood I think

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I find it hard to believe that an aftermarket air intake would be a defectable item?

What ADR does that fall foul of?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Unlikely they will mod approve exhaust if it's above decibels. OTR must look like it's homemade if they hot you for that. Again engineer might knock you back. Probably be ok if proper OTR fitted.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
This is why keep usual stock parts to change back & clear defects...then slap all modded bits back on.

Kept stock airbox setup & rear muffler for modded vy ss ute in the past for such an occasion.

But yeah even in Shitney certain popular areas RBT units are now also targeting cars for tinted windows

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Yeah coppers HATE tinted windows around here, I was told they regard them as an "officer safety hazard"! :rolleyes:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Lol a defect vandalism. Sounds like you deserved it.
Just put the stock exhaust back on get it cleared then stop being a wanker and go get a decent system put on. If the cops like the sound they might let you go.

I know heaps of people with modded cars that are polite to the cops and get let off. But if your car sounds like a thong slapping bird scarer bogan mobile that wakes half the neighborhood up I'm geussing they'll defect you.

AJAY95

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Pfft mate it’s decent don’t worry as bought at a store xforce 3” and 1/78 headers put on at home instead of paying extra $$$ for labour at a shop...

coppa was in a mood when went through no goon behind the wheel being polite I even popped the bonet for the wanker

Just don’t understand as to why we have to wave a piece of paper out the window to say “look officer my emissions are good” for them to give you a pat on the back ..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Pfft mate it’s decent don’t worry as bought at a store xforce 3” and 1/78 headers put on at home instead of paying extra $$$ for labour at a shop...

coppa was in a mood when went through no goon behind the wheel being polite I even popped the bonet for the wanker

Just don’t understand as to why we have to wave a piece of paper out the window to say “look officer my emissions are good” for them to give you a pat on the back ..

They need the piece of paper for emissions because the car was made to comply with certain emissions....If they don't comply they sticker the car...Simples

It's pretty clear that your system is loud, hence them wanting a closer look at what else is done....

To get it removed, put the standard parts back on, and get it cleared....

Of course all coppers are in a mood and are wankers when things don't fall your way, but at the end of the day, that's life.....Some coppers have a quiet word with you and say just fix it or next time I'll sticker you...Other times, they do what they did to you and straight up sticker it....