Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Yellow Sticker? - Western Australia

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
Hey guys, just wondering how all this yellow sticker crap works..
What happened was:
I got pulled up, then stickied for my window tint.
I then got the tint replaced with the darkest legal tint.
Went over the pits, failed for other reasons such as suspension, and stupid crap like a knock in the steering rack and so on..
After waiting there for 3 hours, the guy wrote up the paperwork, then walked out and told me my rego was overdue aswell, which meant he could only give me a 24 hour yellow sticker..
That was last wednesday.
Obviously the sticker is out of date now, but since then, i've done my rego.

Now my question is..
What happens from here.. How do i go about things? My car is in getting repaired now, suspension getting fixed and all.

I was told by a friend, although he said not to quote him on this, but after the car has been inspected and a work order has been written, you then have 28 days to rectify the faults written on the list..

Is this true? Do i need to go back over the pits and get a sticker for 28 days? Or is my expired sticker still fine, i just have 28 days?

Appologies to anyone if they're confused.. If so, let me know and i'll try simplify things a little more.

Thanks, Leevers.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
There will be many opinions that can and may be given on this matter. I definetely would not put my effort into awaiting for responses on here and finding differing opinions. What you need to do is contact the Department of Transport and they should be able to answer all your questions factually. If you get no joy, try contacting your local police station. If you still get no joy, try going to another authorised vehicle examination centre and question the staff.

If after doing all of the above and you still don't have all your questions answered, then you are out of luck and you need to take up bike riding :)

Link is below containing phone numbers plus FAQ on many licensing topics for WA;

Licensing Home

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
Yeah well.. I do miss bmx.. Haha

But cheers for the help :) Much appreciated

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A yellow sticker is a work order, you have to have the reason your were stickered rectified and then have the car inspected. The sticker just allows you to drive the car until the date on the sticker. If the sticker has expired, you still need to have the car repaired, but you can't drive it.

Here is the link to the relevant info on the DoT website. Yellow sticker And it's only 14 days, not 28.