Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yellow sticker

rousey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS A4 - 11.80 @ 120mph, 1.9 sec 60'
my car got stickered for the exhaust being too loud and also not having an ADR approved airfilter (OTRCAI)
ive removed all and replaced with holden standard items, but i havnt connected the maf meter (as its maffless edited) just wondering if this can fail an inspection.

also i no longer have my turtleshel cover, is this also a failable thing???

thanks

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Unfortunately it probably depends on who's doing the inspection or who pulls you over...

I once got a severe talking to and a written warning from a cop for having no bonnet on a car (old Cortina, it was off getting painted and an intake fitted), yet a couple of days later, when I had to nip down to the shops in it, I got pulled again for a random breath test, and thought "here we go again", but the cop said absolutely nothing!

Interestingly, the cop who gave me the stern lecture and warning stood there, looked straight at the huge cross-flow 4.1 six with a big chrome valve cover, chrome air cleaner, and all dressed up, and said "so what is it, a V8 or what?":eek: He then said I shouldn't drive around without a bonnet or engine covering as "something could fly off and hit someone". I no engine fan, just a thermo fan, and asked him "like what?", and he got all flustered and said "I don't know, something could". I also pointed out a City Council tractor nearby slashing the grass in a park, and said "It doesn't have a completely covered engine bay, isn't that against the law?"

I should point out that I was 19 and stupid....arguing with Mr Plod isn't the way to make friends...:whistling

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Rub a cop the wrong and he can easily put your car off the road.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Having no maf on your car is against epa regulations. The maf needs to be in, just gut it out for the time ebing to get the rw done.

Turtle shell does not need to be there.

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
As far as I know. A RBT can only breath test you not defect you unless its a random breath test and defect station and they have to specify that on their RBT sign. I should ask resident police.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Miss-E said:
As far as I know. A RBT can only breath test you not defect you unless its a random breath test and defect station and they have to specify that on their RBT sign. I should ask resident police.

You can get a defect at anytime, as long as you are on or were seen driving on a road.... Remembering (in WA) a road is from Property line(letterbox) to Property line... Its not just the Black bit...

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
in nsw they dont even need to see the car. when i had my lancer i got a letter saying to come in for a epa test etc. one of my neighbours must of complained or something.