Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yep, another "what is causing the noise" questions

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
we should have had about 6 box services since then

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yep sumthin like that. hows the shifts in it tho. and whats the oil look like. hang on. that would mean its on its original filter and gasket. when you get it done, take a pic. probly rooted

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
well the shifts are clunky (just like any other commodore). trans oil ill check tonight when i get home. sorry no digital camera, and i dont have a usb cable for my phone, so i can't show photos of anything. ill let you know what the oil looks like once i've checked it tonight.

thanks again everyone!:)

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
hey does anyone think it could be the exhaust? coz i've heard of other people having sounds that kind of rattle like our car, and the sounds get worse as the revs climb, but when cruising at certain revs, the noise dies down - and found that it was an exhaust-related issue. one thing i noticed with the vr, the noise is present when climbing up the revs (so for eg. climbing past 1800rpm you'll hear the sound) but if you back off and cruise at ~1800 rpm (as i do in 3, sitting at about 65 -70), the noise pretty much disappears

Last edited:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I assume your engine hasn't been serviced yet?? It could be loose / worn rubber that holds on to your exhaust.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you were looking at buying this car I would say judging on its service history, give it a miss. But since it may be free....

Re: exhaust, grab the tail pipe and give it a shake to see if it knocks on anything.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yeh. pipes could be touching chassis or damaged.