Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yes.. another exhaust post

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
I have spoken to some people on here about exhausts places in Adelaide.. I want on the caprice a system from the cat back. nothing else. Got quoted $2500 for cat back.. Dont want it to drone but want a bit of noise but think that amount of money from cat back is ridiculous, People on here told me to contact not an abba fan but I dont know how to change exhaust myself or have the space or tools at mine so easier to get someone else to do it locally..

Please help.. if u have a video of a v8 with just cat back, please upload. ive checked some on youtube, but most have other stuff done rather then just a stock 8 with exhaust.

Thanks again :)

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
What system? what size 2.5"? Automatic caprice,assume yes? bit more info required mate..Drone on automatics can be an issue I believe.....requires some tweaks.

You can still buy it from him and get it fitted locally,save yourself at least $500(probably more) on that quote as fitment would only run to a few hundred dollars im guessing...also you have the option of mild steel,assume your quote is for stainless steel?

definitely talk to n.a.a.f though

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
yeah automatic. stainless steel 2.5 from cat back. unsure on system, the exhaust place just quoted me that and i nearly collapsed lol

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
yeah automatic. stainless steel 2.5 from cat back. unsure on system, the exhaust place just quoted me that and i nearly collapsed lol

naaf will tell you exact prices so don't quote me but I think I saw recently him quote a fella $1195 for a stainless 2.5" manta system shipped!! add say $400 odd for fitting = $1600 roughly fitted...discuss drone issues with him too mate,that does perhaps require some attention,so may cost a bit more to modify(bet the quote you got is just straight bolt on,no drone mods)..and don't get it fitted at the $2500 shop,they will now screw you for fitting it lol

most shops will quote you 2k plus for a 2.5" fitted I believe... even x-force,as they have much bigger mark up on the exhaust itself.

let us know how u go Matt.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Hey Buddy, its dead easy to fit a cat back exhaust. It's literally undoing some bolts and sliding some pipes and mufflers off hangers. Myself and a mate fitted pacie extractors and KPM cats and system to his VE SS sedan on the long weekend and even that went relatively easy. If you were quoted $2,500 for a cat back it sounds like a KPM system out of Adelaide?? KPM 2.5 inch definitely does not drone from the experience I had over the weekend. Not an Abba Fans stainless manta 2.5 cat back would be of high quality also though i have never heard one so can't attest to drone issues etc.

Having said all that and having done mine in stages starting with a cat back, do yourself a favour and get yourself a full system straight off the bat if you can afford it as once you start its a slippery slope let me tell you!!

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
$2500 is extremely expensive!
I have an extracted performance stainless 2.5" cat back on my ssv wagon at the moment and that was $1500. Sounds great and good quality.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$1195 2 1/2" cat back is mild steel. For the auto, being 2010 it's got AFM as well? Then Manta do one that is $1295, comes with a muffler and hotdogs in the front section, and the quad tipped rear mufflers. Takes about 20 minutes to fit up on a hoist.

Personally, I like the note of mild steel over stainless. Even my twin 3" stainless is cheaper than $2500.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
if you have a local mechanic that you trust he should be able to fit it for you and only chatge you his hourly rate which depending where you go will vary from 65-85 dollars an hour,where abouts in Adelaide are you matt

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
Yeah havent found a decent mechanic to look at the caprice. Its due for the 75,000kms service too lol. Im near gawler.

Naaf is that posted to sa as well?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
whoops sorry matt forgot-lol
if you were down this way I would recommend pete from carline as he will let you help and come in the shop even get underneath and check everything out