Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yet another recall

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
I dont know if any of you guys know but there is a ball joint recall as well. I didnt know about it until car went in for the seat to be checked today. New passenger seat base coming for that.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
hey i think i need a new driver seat base as it doesnt stop clicking and moving with any car movement.... is that the same problem you had?

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I dont know if any of you guys know but there is a ball joint recall as well. I didnt know about it until car went in for the seat to be checked today. New passenger seat base coming for that.

Found out yesty at my 45k service. Wasnt aware of it.

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
hey i think i need a new driver seat base as it doesnt stop clicking and moving with any car movement.... is that the same problem you had?

whole passenger seat base lifted

Found out yesty at my 45k service. Wasnt aware of it.

i had received no correspondence at all about this one

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

.. the ball joint thing is NOT a recall ! so no letters to owners or newspaper ads
it is a service campaign that is driven by a service bulletin that Holden have issued
asking dealers (and other repairers) to do something... in this case check the tightness of the front ball joints
when they next see a VF (all models inc GEN_F HSV)

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
.. the ball joint thing is NOT a recall ! so no letters to owners or newspaper ads
it is a service campaign that is driven by a service bulletin that Holden have issued
asking dealers (and other repairers) to do something... in this case check the tightness of the front ball joints
when they next see a VF (all models inc GEN_F HSV)

im not disputing the fact, but, the service advisor that i dealt with today said it was a recall. just saying the information that i received

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
im not disputing the fact, but, the service advisor that i dealt with today said it was a recall. just saying the information that i received

the local Holden Zone Service Manager and the Service Managers (at the 2 dealers) where we get our company cars serviced
have told me of the service campaign .. and that it is not a recall

There is no recall for this on the Aust govt recall web site - Home

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi guys I just joined so this is my first post...
Anyway I dropped my VF SSV for a service this morning and I got the same response from the service guy, that it is a recall for the ball-joints, I'm still waiting for them to call back for me to pick it up, they've had it for 4 1/2 hours now

VF Redline

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

some people would know a recall from an oil change - just sayin'.