Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yet another VR shuddering

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
hi there, plain and simple my VR stato is vibrating... lots..

started about a week ago, that my car is shuddering heaps especially on idle.. checked engine mounts and exhaust and they are fine..

took it to a mechanic who checked the same things and came to the conclusion that my torque converter is rooted-ish... thought this was kinda plausible because my trans keeps dumping all the fluid (so much i cant drive over 20km/h)

any thoughts/ideas??

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Idler pulley not stuffed?

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
just replaced ~1000kms ago

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Give your TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) A clean and also give your throttle body a clean with Throttle Body and Carby Cleaner.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These engine mounts collapse before they actually break,so it can be hard to tell when they are worn out unless you compare it to another car that has new engine mounts fitted already.If the mounts are more than 3 or 4 years years old,they are probably stuffed..My VS used to vibrate pretty badly about midway along the car,around the transmission area,it used to drive me nuts.I changed the engine mounts,all the rear suspension bushes,the uni joints and gearbox mount/rear engine mount,and theres no more vibration,completely gone thank god.The engine sat about an inch higher once the mounts were changed,I didnt realise they were sagged so badly,they werent broken though..

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
If its not the engine mounts then get the injectors cleaned I mean take them out and give them a good cleaning mate your car will be idling smooth as

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The EFI places wanted $150 to clean/reco my old injectors on my VS V6,so I bought these brand new el cheapo injectors in the link below.They have been excellent so far,Ive been running them for 2 months or so now, they took 2 days to get to me by post ,and came with new o rings ,it runs way better now,as in more responsive,starts instantly now hot or cold with no hesitation whatsoever,slightly better on fuel too ive noticed.I rang a few local EFI places asking about prices for cleaning recoing etc ,and when I said that I can get these new ones on ebay for the $170,most places said thats what theyd be doing,getting them and throwing the old ones,they said that price is what it costs them just to clean and reco and flow test the old ones,a couple of places said that once they are old,they arent as good as new ones anyway,even after being recoed,so thats why I decided to try these,and at $170, if they crap themselves in a couple of years well,too bad,I will go back to the bosch injectors,but if they last,I will use them again,so far so good,but time will tell...
---HOLDEN COMMODORE NEW FUEL INJECTORS VN VP VR VS VT VX + (eBay item 190495141114 end time 26-Apr-11 17:49:10 AEST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats---