Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yet another VY Radio wont turn off thread

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
OK, here we go:
Car: 2003 Vy Calais
The other day I was cleaning my interior and door trims, listening to the radio, decided to finish up, turn the key off, door is open, radio stays on.
Interior lights go out after 10 seconds as set by dash cluster when door is closed, so door switch is ok, pulled it out and cleaned it anyway.
Have tried the BCM reset, but no different, it is almost like the accessory circuit is staying powered up.
Everything was working fine before.
Have searched the net, and all I can find that is similar is the VZ indicators sticking issue, with a faulty relay in the BCM.
Could this be similar, has anyone else had the same issue, ie radio stays on, but door switch is ok?
Any solutions?

Cheers.
Al.

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, have had another look, and have narrowed it down to the accessories circuit.
If I turn the ignition on, radio and sat nav come on, turn key off, they stay on. (Door switch works fine, interior lights on and off correctly.)
Pull acc relay, stay on, pull acc fuse, stay on, But.....
pull acc and radio fuse, then only put radio fuse back in, radio and sat nav work correctly.
Now to figure out what is causing a possible back feed or latching a relay on the acc circuit.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Spray the door switch with some wd40 and jiggle it about. Its probably intermittent.

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
Door switch is good, had cleaned and sprayed it when issue started, just to make sure.
Interior lights operate as per normal with door switch.
Radio and gps turn off when door opens, but this is while the acc fuse is pulled.
Will need to track down the acc fault, but its not the relay, as it will still do the same with relay pulled.
Have pulled apart the bcm module, and tested with a multimeter, and all relays in there seem fine, but there might be one that is latching, thing is I don't know which one that would be, cant find anywhere on the net that identifies which relay does what, and at about $25 each, I don't really want to replace all of them, especially if it isn't the issue.

Harry Wazzzup

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman VY S2
Unplug every accessory you have, especially stuff connected to Cig Lighter. Eg GPS or Phone Stuff, in case of feedback.
If that doesn't fix it,
Do you have an aftermarket Radio?
Or do you have an after market Hands free kit?

If so do you have wires running down the door trim areas, where you were cleaning?
Sometimes you can crush the wires and PWR connects to Accessories so the circuit stays on. (interior lights will still turn off if the circuit is isolated)
Worth checking if there is pwr on the accessory wire of the (Stereo or Hfree Kit) whilst the Accessory fuse is removed.
If you have pwr on the acc lead then it could be shorted somewhere to constant power.

and the last thing I can think of is Bluetooth.
If you have an aftermarket BTooth Kit, Stereo etc. Turn all BT OFF as it can be connecting to something which keeps the circuit on until its disconnected.
Sounds like a bit of a wild goose chase but you need to eliminate everything to find it I suppose.

Hope this helps???