Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yet another VZ manual conversion issue

mack2210

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Executive , 1998 VT Exec ( Written Off)
I have recently converted my VZ Commodore from a Auto to a manual, I have reprogrammed the ECU, PIM and BCM without any issues and am getting a System Check OK but the car is not seeing the Gearbox Gears and I am not getting VSS. I changed the part of the Harness that I was provided when I bought it, but I now wondering if there is something different in the rest of the Engine harness ( it is a HBA prefix LEO engine ). The other issue im having its the key start will not crank the engine , but I think that might be because the car is not recognizing the gear it is in. Could anyone possibly help me with diagnose what's missing/ wrong?

sv6_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
The manuals will not show what gear it is in on the display like the autos, the manual ones also have a clutch switch which needs to be pressed to start it, that could be your missing link

mack2210

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Executive , 1998 VT Exec ( Written Off)
I know they wont display it on the dash but it doesnt turn the reverse lights on when in reverse and I have installed the reverse light relay and tested it with a tech 2 but still have no luck. I have also triple checked the clutch position switches witch are functioning as expected.

andrewnkimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sedan, converted to manual
Hi Mack2210,
I'm interested in finding out how you went with this? We recently bought a VZ which had been converted to auto, had to replace the timing chain before even turning it on. We had it running but today replaced the auto gearbox wiring harness for a manual harness and now the car won't start, still no reverse lights. Interested to find out if you fixed your problem?