Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

YMY-70Y 's VT S Build Thread

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Model: VT S pack
Build Date: late 99
Colour: Tiger Mica
Engine: L67
Gearbox: Stock 4L60-E Auto
Diff: Stock
Exhaust: Stock, rear muffler removed.
Brakes: Stock
Suspension: Stock
Wheels/Tyres: 16 inch 5spoke S Pack alloys
Interior: Stock with basic Kenwood head unit
Km: 237,000 when I picked it up.

G'day guys, here is l my build thread. Picked up my new toy about 4-6weeks ago. I plan to spend a little on it. Seems to be good do far, few little odds and ends that need tidying up but I expected that. I drove it 400ks home with no dramas.
The car is my daily, and I pick the kids up occasionally. I would ideally like to chuck it around a track occasionally and enter some hill climbs etc

Future mods:
10-12 psi pulley
CAI
Roller rockers
Full exhaust
Cooler
Tune
Stage 2 shift kit, Corvette/billet servos
3.45/3.7 diff gears and LSD
Suspension/Strut brace/Sway bars
19s
Tinted windows

I only have a couple of pics so ill take some more today and add them
http://db.tt/AFN8aM63
http://db.tt/NyasayC1

Stay Tuned

Last edited:

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Yea im loving the Super6

Sooo after having the car a while now i have started to slowly get to a few little things.
I have recently done a full service with Iridium plugs and eagle 10mm leads, and what a difference that has made. It also had a boost leak and didnt wanna move real quick. So i fixed that and seems to be hitting 5psi, not sure if thats about the normal?
The car had a flat spot so when i dropped the boot it would cough and splutter a little. After the new leads/plugs and service i took it for a spin (traction control off). I was at an intersection and jumped on the throttle and to my suprise it lit up the whole way across the intersection.

I have had my plates put on this car (https://www.dropbox.com/s/onckk17z82rd73m/2012-07-17 20.03.00.jpg) bought a couple gauges (oil temp,oil pressure,volt, boost). Bought a K&N air filter for the CAI. That will be next piece to come.
Money has been tight lately cos im fixing up the 3rd car we own to sell which will then gimme a little $$ for rockers and pulley

Ill keep things posted as now i have the interweb at home as of today.

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Yea they are off my old car, they read My Toy, in ACT all standard plates start with a Y. So I got these outta sequence.

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Small update..

I was at a house last week (bought some gauges off a buy swap sell group on facebook) and next door was a 01 VX Spac in Tiga Mica. It had been in an accident, side impact, maybe along a guardrail or something. So passenger guard and both doors are rooted, but everything else looks pretty good, interior is in good nick too.The car was a manual but had the motor and box stripped out. Turns out i bought the car for $200 cash, complete minus motor and box =D

My interior (especially drivers seat) is shagged plus i can now go the updated VX look.

Keep a look out in the 4Sale section cos ill probably have a fair bit to sell, like VT XU6 rear garnish and Spoiler in Tiga

Ill chuck some photos up when i get delivered to my place....

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Another small update, yesterday I swapped the vx front on. Such an easy job, took all of 20mins...
I have only done lights and bumper. I will swap bonnets too, there looks to be a tiny difference.

http://db.tt/22j3vdIH

666-GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
More pics!
And nice find on the vx front, looks way better than a VT imho.
<3 Tiger.

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Its in need of a bath, got vx rear and sides to do yet.
soo ill do more pics then.
I agree, soo much cleaner. and a little lower too.
The whole car for $200 was a steal. My roof liner is sagging too, but the vx has a real neat one :)

Your car is an inspiration man, looks **** hot.

Any one got ideas what brand and where to get touch up??