Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yokohama tyres

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I am looking to fit a set of yokohama 205/65r15 94v s221 tyres to my vt.Does anyone here know much about them such as quality and price.I have searched the net but cannot find any info on them.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
they are my second choice of 205 series tyre and they go for about 100 bucks.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I wouldnt reccomend them to anyone, they are very songy and get worse in the wet. For me i can only reccomend SP Maxx or SP3000A's. Excellent tyres in both wet and dry :)

ukgts

A Kiwi in Scotland
Reaction score
Members Ride
UK Spec VT1 GTS 220i
I've got Yokos on my GTS at the moment and I'd NEVER buy them again. Not bad in the dry but if you even so much as think about a bit of right boot in the wet you'll be all over the place. Absolute d0gsh1t. leave Yokos well alone.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I had Toyo on my previous 15' wheels, only lasted 30,000k's but it gripped so well, and good handling in the wet also.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
I had maxx and they grip so well in the wet - really hard to lose traction

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
holden007 said:
I had Toyo on my previous 15' wheels, only lasted 30,000k's but it gripped so well, and good handling in the wet also.

lol good??? how can they b good? thats worse than wat 19's low profile tyres would last wat did ya do 2 em hahaha???

satos- how much money u willing 2 spend????

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
i looked up yokohama's site and i cant find the s221's listed.... but i'm guessing from the $100 price tag they would be pretty average. i have the AC01's fitted to mine and their great, you have to be driving like a dimwit for them to loose grip in the wet.

ukgts

A Kiwi in Scotland
Reaction score
Members Ride
UK Spec VT1 GTS 220i
Maybe the tyres are different in the UK. I have the 18" Yokohama AVS Sport. £140 a corner here (about Aus $350) I bought them thinking you get what you pay for but no way, they really are useless in the wet. Toyos, Goodyear or Bridgestone are the best for your money.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
danielsan said:
i looked up yokohama's site and i cant find the s221's listed.... but i'm guessing from the $100 price tag they would be pretty average. i have the AC01's fitted to mine and their great, you have to be driving like a dimwit for them to loose grip in the wet.
I found out bob jane has them and there about $140.They are a v rated tyre which means they are designed for speeds up to 240kph which sadly my commie will never reach.The guy there says they are a new release from yokohama.The side walls of the tyre look more stiffer than an ordinary tyre and i am guessing this is why they have a high speed rating.