Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You get what you pay for - good detailing products

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
That looks great.
Is that Red Mist too ?

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
That looks great.
Is that Red Mist too ?

Yes it is, Red Mist ‘Tropical’.

I always give the cars a wipe down with it after I apply Supernatural as Dodo Juice says it protects the wax in hot climates better than quick detailers.

I don’t know how true that is but what I’ve found after a coat of this the wax doesn’t seem to attract dust like it would without it.

Then I usually revert to quick detailers again until I have to wax again.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yes it is, Red Mist ‘Tropical’.

I always give the cars a wipe down with it after I apply Supernatural as Dodo Juice says it protects the wax in hot climates better than quick detailers.

I don’t know how true that is but what I’ve found after a coat of this the wax doesn’t seem to attract dust like it would without it.

Then I usually revert to quick detailers again until I have to wax again.

Sweet. I use it too. Really easy to apply

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Thumbs up to all you guys for keeping your rides in excellent conditions. I bought a micro fibre mitten the other day, but according to one website saying sponge is still the best if the vehicles is really dirty - commented by a professional car detailer - probably because it makes his job easier with a sponge. I haven't had any trouble with a sponge, just have to be careful when they are brand new, old sponge is the best. A weekly wash of my ute makes it the cleanest vehicle at any building site, only polish it twice a year as I have 4 vehicles at home, it means I polish one vehicle every 6 weeks or so.

By the way, don't click the "Post Reply" twice or more, even it doesn't work straight away...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thumbs up to all you guys for keeping your rides in excellent conditions. I bought a micro fibre mitten the other day, but according to one website saying sponge is still the best if the vehicles is really dirty - commented by a professional car detailer - probably because it makes his job easier with a sponge. I haven't had any trouble with a sponge, just have to be careful when they are brand new, old sponge is the best. A weekly wash of my ute makes it the cleanest vehicle at any building site, only polish it twice a year as I have 4 vehicles at home, it means I polish one vehicle every 6 weeks or so.

By the way, don't click the "Post Reply" twice or more, even it doesn't work straight away...

A sponge kills the finish as it's coarse and cleans by abrasion and worst of all it traps grit on the surface which scratches the clearcoat every time you wipe it across the paintwork.

Where a microfiber mitt is soft and traps grit inside the weave stopping it from touching the bodywork.

If your vehicle is that dirty it needs a sponge to clean the surface then you are using the wrong cleaning solution.

Last edited: