Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You know your cars too low when you crash into the ground.....

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hey guys... hehehe

went into a driveway today, steep bastard, anyway on the way in heard a loud BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!, maybe the exhust hitting or fuel tank harness
on the way out of the drive through i got stuck..... one of the rear tyres got lifted off the ground and my good old single spinner diff wouldnt give power to the other wheel...

i was stuck there for 15 mins before i got some people to help lift the rear end of my car off the ground enough so the wheel could touch the ground... :( now thats the height of embarrasing :(

it was a killer of a drive way, it was like
_____
*****\
******\
*******\__________

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
ROFL!(Wets Pants)
Man, remember if you're cars lowered, choose your driveways carefully....Im sure you don't want that to hapen again. Hahahaha. Ive noticed that on my car (not lowered...yet...) that the zorst neer the cat is low, maybe thats where you hit?

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
dude.... i went into this drive way sideways, one wheel at a time, actually ran into the hedge ont he way out trying to get more of a angle, didnt help :(
nothing i could have done to get out without this happening.. lol

then again my car is around 60mm-70mm from the exhust to the ground ;)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
stuff like that used to happen all the time in my vp, luckily i had a towbar fitting (no actual tow bar) and it used to cop all the damamge and not other important things.
you still have to think twice about how your going to tackle certain situations, id stay away from that driveway if i were you, lol.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I used to have the same problem before I got my kit when I had my old springs in. I got grounded in a driveway as well and had to get mates to lift the back of the car while i tried to reverse out...

It used to be a bitch. I got sick of scraping my tow bar an having to get my exhaust re-tightened.

Its not worth the hassle imo, get higher springs before you ruin your kit.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
my colectors on my exaust sit about 50mm of the ground with super lows i cant even take on your average speed hump let alone an angled drive way.
i was parking it on the nature strip near work 1 day after i got my exaust done and got stuck had to get the truck jack and drag it off.not cool i was pissed.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
xcop5l said:
my colectors on my exaust sit about 50mm of the ground with super lows i cant even take on your average speed hump let alone an angled drive way.
i was parking it on the nature strip near work 1 day after i got my exaust done and got stuck had to get the truck jack and drag it off.not cool i was pissed.

why are they only sitting 50mm off the ground with superlows? They should be closer to 130mm :p

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
lol i did that in the wet at a hospital. Got stuck on the drive way. was pooring rain. All these people were alughing there arses off. Ended up having to let my ex who didnt even have her learners drive. (first time) whilst i lifted the rear guard. was funny as.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
vn2nv the exaust is tucked up as far as it will go with the extractors but it still drags in almost ne thing im going in soon to have the colectors changed to clamps. ill put on a foto when i take one of how low they are