Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You won't believe what I just did! LMAO!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
So, I went into my local Wal-Mart (Big W) about an hour ago. Checking to see what stuff they had on clearance. As per usual I didn't even check to look at the Sony gear. I've been shopping for an el cheapo HU to repllace the LG as it's a little bit tired these days.

These two kids were standing by the Sony stuff and I could overhear them saying "Man, I wish had the money I would get this in a heartbeat!" or something similar. After they left I went over to see what they were looking at. Some twit had accidentally mispriced the Sony HUs. One of them retailed for $499 and was marked down to $350. Nice buy I thought nothing to gt excited about though....then I spotted. One of the $499 had the wrong tab on it. It had a tag for a $99 reduced to $45. So, what else could I do?! I snapped it straight up and paid for it! I figured "****! If I don't like it then I can rip it out and sell it to som schmedley for $150 and still come out on top!"

So, thats how I came to have this headunit in my possession :)

Sony CDXGT550
cdxf5500600x400.jpg

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
yup, figured if I'm only paying a 10th of it's price and it's only worth half the price it retailed at then I did a good thing :)...still can't believe I brought a Sony.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
hmmm their staff dont know how to print labels. thats what walmart gets for hiring cheap labour.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
go Wal-Mart/Big W! lol must have been keyed in wrong to the computer also, so that it scanned wrong also.

Nice score :p

D.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
not quite D. it came up as $350 and the poor guy behind the register looked at it, then at the sticker saying $45 and then he corected it :D

Just not sure if I can be bothered installing it tonight.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
maybe get your $100 worth by blowing it up from a mains power, hitting it with a hammer a few times and lash it to your towball and drag about 5 miles.

then try to get a refund! lol

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
maybe get your $100 worth by blowing it up from a mains power, hitting it with a hammer a few times and lash it to your towball and drag about 5 miles.

then try to get a refund! lol

HAHAHA thats about all a sony HU is good for! Although i'd say i woulda bought it too if i was in the same position. Just sell it for 150 or 200

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Ok, well surprisingly enough it is actually quite a little performer. Just curious on how it is for reliability....will find out soon enough I guess.

Although, I do have one question regarding the unit...How in the **** do I use this thing?!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
You have to put the red wire to a 12V accesories wire in the car- thats one that comes on when you turn the key. Put the earth (the black one) to a spot in the car thats bare metal and has little resistance to the battery. The 12V constant shoudl be in your loom, should hook that up to the yellow wire. Then find out which is each speaker, and hook up speaker wires to that

To use it, you have to press the 'eject' button to open the CD slot, then put a CD in (preferably Celine Dion or perhaps Bette Midler) and it should start playing