Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your best experience in a Holden.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Think for me the best times are yet to come. My old 94 ute is the best holden i have ever owned.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim, VS II Calais, HQ Premier
The first drive of my vs after converting it to a 5L, or when my HQ was reliable for 5 minutes and lasted a night of cruising around with out giving me much trouble..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The first drive of my vs after converting it to a 5L, or when my HQ was reliable for 5 minutes and lasted a night of cruising around with out giving me much trouble..
yeah i remember those days 17 years old and none of us having a reliable vehicle..... funny thing is 19 years later and nothing much has changed.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Paying for fuel and getting more than 400km in a tank and being under $100 payWave limit. Both don’t happen often.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah i remember often rocking up at the servo and sticking in 5 bucks of petrol and that getting around half the day. 10 bucks used to get me to adelaide and back over an hour away.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Went camping a few times in my old VZ sleeping in the tray was always fun. Though testing out the acoustics of the Burnley tunnel with my Maloo a couple of weeks ago was pretty damn good too.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
It probably seems like a boast but it's not intended to be. My car was flogged by that Falcon.
Yeah, I believe ya.
I've been a passenger in a Ford XY GTHO Phase III shaker, grunty chunks of metal those things :D

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've got a few others. My dad gave me his bog stock HR Special in the early 80's. I did all the usual tricks to make the old girl go round corners without removing the chrome from the door handles. Dad was blown away when he experienced the car for the first time. Could not believe how flat she sat through bends.

The time that I raced the Falcon was part of a trip from Engadine to Manly in under forty minutes. Sydneysiders here will understand what that means keeping in mind it was 1978 and most of today's freeways didn't exist then.