Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your best experience in a Holden.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not related to this thread or anything above; but I left my sprinkler going on the front yard expecting the tap timer to turn it off..... I just had a call from my fiancé who just spoke to my neighbour who wanted to know if they should turn off my sprinkler..... ???? Um yes that was supposed to turn off three days ago...... so as best estimate I have given my front yard between 80,000 and 90,000 litres of water over a 100m2 patch.....

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Bugger the rules!
Best Holden experience for me was back seat after dark at a late '70s wedding reception with Jenny Petri and an unnoticed pavlova. Dunno whose Kingswood it was, but they should have locked it. Hope it cleaned up as well as my 3-piece suit did.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anything written in text on a forum would be argued in court that it was a lie when boasting to mates. Any prosecutor would know it's a lost cause before they even begin. I think you're alright lol
ok hyperthetically if a young lady with no licence was really in the drivers seat and the owner of the Holden was in passenger seat smoking cones and out of the blue the chick somehow hits a stobie at 50kph on an easy corner... that bloke had to make a choice about who was driving.......
;)
;)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Mine was when we bought our VR II Calais when we moved to NZ , great car took us the length of NZ on a family road trip

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Driving my son home from the hospital after he was born.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
200km/h + down the back straight at Sandown in gRM Number 34

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Best Holden Experience(s).
1968, during a spirited late night drive between Geelong and Weribee in my highly modified 10 year old Ford, and keeping pace with two mates in their HR and HK 186S’s, thinking “I’ve got to get one of those.” A few months later, going into a Holden dealer and ticking as many option boxes as I could afford on a HK 186S.
1978, driving across the Nullabor 6 times, Brisbane/Perth in my HJ Kingswood Wagon, including one trip in less than 3 days.
1992, on the Marlborough H’way in NQld, being asked by the missus why I was driving so slow. She did not realise I had the cruise control set on 150km/h in the VN Calais.
2004, driving the CV8 out of the Holden dealer, and being very conscious that it was the most expensive and powerful car that I had purchased.
2014, from Adelaide to Newcastle in a day in the Cross6, and still being able to walk when I got home.

Worst Holden Experience(s)
Sometime early 2000s, giving away my trusty, but clapped out, rusty HJ Kingswood to a bloke who stripped it and cut it up, and used the bits to refurbish his HJ one-tonner.
2010, admitting to myself that I was too old to restore my HQ Monaro, and selling it, as is, tow away, unregistered, complete vehicle.
And finally, in 2017, not being able to eagerly look forward to the release of the ‘next new must have’ Aussie Holden.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I regret not buying and old FE Special because at the time i thought no way am i paying 500 bucks for one of those old heaps of s.......

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Finally being able to drive the sometimes toy the day of getting off the P's after having waited 3 months.
Being scared to really give it some and still to this day drive it like a grandpa.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Leaving my country gate and going sideways down the dirt road in the '55 FJ hotrod I built.