Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

your choice

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
I have a 5 litre 304 because that was Holdens ultimate motor and I've wanted once since I first heard them as a kid

please correct me if im wrong but did the 304 come out with the Blue group A VK model? to enable to shed 75 kg weight for racing? did the 304 continue in other models as well?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I like the package, Not so much one thing just the total package.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
please correct me if im wrong but did the 304 come out with the Blue group A VK model? to enable to shed 75 kg weight for racing? did the 304 continue in other models as well?

I think you're right about the blue 304 appearing in the VK, but it wasn't just to enable the weight reduction for racing, it was also to reduce the capacity to just below 5 litres which was the upper limit of engine capacity for that class of racing.

Once the 304 was introduced for that purpose, it became the standard "5 litre" capacity and the 308 was no more.

Acclaimed VS

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
got a VS cuz it was pritty much the mid point of all the factors i was taking into account
cheap to buy, cheap parts and servicing, roomy, decent performance by my standards, good safety (acclaim) good looking etc. Plus I also always wanted a VS since I saw them when I was very young so yeh couldn't say no, plus I got a pritty good deal

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I bought our VY because the new new Golf we had was too small to accommodate our grand-daughter and any more than the driver and two smallish passengers. When her stroller went in the boot, bingo went the carrying capacity.

I had gone from Holdens to the VW because I beliived that German cars were the best engineered in the world. I still believe that, but at heart, I'm a Holden man and feel more comfortable (literally) in the Berlina than I ever was in the Golf.

I just wish I could have the Golf's handling and braking in the Berlina.

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
i was towing with a 4 cylinder car before i got the commodore!
When you're towing almost 2 tonnes, 4 cylinders is not an option. I'd been using a borrowed 6-cylinder Falcon, but it didn't cope with the hills very well.

I wanted a sports car, and a V8 Commodore was the closest thing to a sports car that had a high enough towing capacity.

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
basically i chose my car because it was a good package for the right price