Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

your choice

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
What made you buy your car?

grunt, looks, influence, price, fuel economy?

i got mine because my old car was too small. petrol was $1.65 this time last year, when i bought it, so i LPG was a major factor car as well.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
the VX had some issues no one could find so I was in the market for a newer car, mum bought an Equipe on a Saturday afternoon from a dealer while I was on a JCCCNSW cruise. We went to pick it up on the Sunday. I parked in the dealership carpark and right ahead was this stunning looking VZ. I wanted an SV6 but had found they were out of my price range, but this thing wasnt an SV6 (I thought it was an exec) so maybe in my price range, worth a look.

Got in with the salesman who sold mum the Equipe, went for a fang round the block and loved it. The salesman reckons he knew he had a sale when I stopped talking about the JCCC cruise from the previous day to look at the reflection of the rims in cars that pulled up alongside us and shop fronts. I found it was an ex police car so it drove and handled better then any of the SV6's mum had as company cars prior.

They valued the VX a bit too short, so the salesman made them re-value it next thing I know the money all adds up, finance approved, theres the key drive home. I also found out they only had the Acclaim since late friday night, and one of the salesman whose drive car it was had it hidden out the back on Saturday coz it hadnt been detailed (that was due on the Monday) and he couldnt be bothered getting it onto the lot to have to take it back out on Saturday night, so essentially it was only on the lot for a total of maybe 4 or 5 hours.

They later found out the VX had issues when they had it in the workshop, I believe they ended up wholesaling it and losing out biiiig time

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I bought my VK wags for $350. I was looking around for a straight wagon at a good price....nothing else mattered coz it would be rebuilt from the ground up. Only thing left in it that was in it the day I got it is the roof liner, carpet (which is gonna be replaced), and the diff, which is also gonna be replaced (already got it)....everything else has been changed over.

Bought the race car for $3000. We were looking around for a dirt circuit car, preferably a VB-VK Commodore, and had to be up to spec with the latest regulations. Found one in Clare, got the guy down on price from $3500 to $2500 coz he needed it gone. It come with heaps of spares, and after we agreed on the price, he changed his mind about the spares and decided not to let them go with the car, we were a bit pissed off but ya get that. Then we ended up paying another few hundred for some of the spares (which he was suppose to include) and also for him to deliver it. Then he even asked for 2 mags back that he had already given us. Don't ya hate people like that. He wanted to buy some 17's off of us a few weeks later....so we put the price up just for him. Didn't bother us if he didn't take them coz we would of put them on something. He tried bargaining, but said we weren't gonna drop at all, take it or leave it. Then he said he'd speak to his mrs but prolly wouldn't be able to get them (keep in mind he agreed on the price b4 he drove an hour to get here)....he kept thinkin and thinkin....then eventually took them lol.

Last edited:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
oh and the ute, well I was in the market for an older V8 for a bit of a weekend car.

Someone from work mentioned he was thinking of selling his one one tonner, as he had no need for it anymore (bike licence) and I was after a project car to work on with my mates and dad so ute, V8, carby, cheap, mechanically sound and I had the money it all added up!

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
I bought my car because I needed a tow vehicle - my previous car wasn't rated for the weight. I wanted something with reasonable performance and I have a friend who tunes V8 Commodores for a living, so the choice was almost made for me.

I would prefer something smaller with better handling and less fuel consumption, but until I no longer need a tow car anymore I'm sticking with a Commodore.

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
I bought my car because I needed a tow vehicle - my previous car wasn't rated for the weight. I wanted something with reasonable performance and I have a friend who tunes V8 Commodores for a living, so the choice was almost made for me.

I would prefer something smaller with better handling and less fuel consumption, but until I no longer need a tow car anymore I'm sticking with a Commodore.

i was towing with a 4 cylinder car before i got the commodore, believe me when you are going up rolling hills like i have to, a 4 cylinder guzzles more than a commodore because you have to thrash it to get over the hills in second gear. you are not using any more fuel, so enjoy your beast...without guilt!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I got the bimmer because I needed something to replace my thirsty, loud, attention seeming VX with something that wouldn't get stolen, didn't drink so much and I wouldn't care about it getting dented, etc.

Something to get me from A to B with a hint of class...

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
I got the bimmer because I needed something to replace my thirsty, loud, attention seeming VX with something that wouldn't get stolen, didn't drink so much and I wouldn't care about it getting dented, etc.

Something to get me from A to B with a hint of class...

but it got hit once didnt it?

I bought my boat because i wanted a 5 litre, and the boat was in the range i wanted (and someone twisted my arm to buy it) and id looked at alot of boats and come up trumps with this one. Had the sunroof which was big bonus.

Im not out for something that is going to race, just something that looks good, and goes fine.

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
i crashed my first car, then got a bomb of a VR wagon, got defected in it so i decided to go for something a little safeer then a vr and nicer looking, jumped on car sales and found a vt i liked, went to see it and the next day i got a loan for the vt and the cost of the car i crashed into, at first i was looking at beemers and some other models, v8's and such, but few people put some convincing onto me, dont buy uro not enough parts and dont buy v8 u will kill yourself, so next car is going to be an 8 i think

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Bought mine because it was a bargain and hardly anyone else owns them. No other reason.