Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your experience with after market hubcaps

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
What has been peoples experience with after market hubcaps? So far I have tried 3 different types from supercheap for a 15 inch wheel, And have had terrible results. The first ones i bought were shiny chrome ones which cut my air valves to shreds while driving. The second lot i bought had a different kind of retention ring on it, I tried it on the standard setting first, they went on, were firm on the wheel, but as I drive, it actually moves position from the air valve stem which in turn puts pressure on it and either cuts it to shreds or lets air out of the tyre. I tried every setting with the retention ring, even on the highest they still wouldn't stay in position on the wheel. Am I the only one having these issues? I have tried other solution like bending the flaps, Putting electric tape on the retention ring for more grip, But nothing will keep them in place. This has happened with every set I have tried and ended up taking them back.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Get hold of factory hubcaps.....Should be a dime a dozen at the wreckers

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
might just take the wheels off clean em up and spray paint the steel wheels. maybe a metallic gunmetal grey, metallic black etc.