Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

your fuel economy on a vt /vx commodore

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
ha ha... the funny thing bout vt/vx is the bloody gauge and the distance to empty is always fake never trust them at all u have to do ur own calculations otherwise u have to owe a vz or vy so u can view the average fuel. the stupied bloody holdens once decided to put all the extra options in the dash for models like vy/vz ect.......

so your telling me my vt doesnt tell me average fuel? lol all your posts make me laugh

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
1000 kms holley ####. lollllllllll the best thing mate to do is to get the L/h from the hidden extra in the dash amd to cruise at 100 km at that moment u will see how much fuel urs is wasting at 100 km per hour.

will try that thanks

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
mate ur vt wont tells u ur fuel average unless its a vz/vy/ve or u got the 3 window dash. i remember once i drove my friends vz holly crap u can view heaps of handy information like average fuel consumption , litrs used not remaining , date and time u can even recalibrate fuel gauge aswell and heaps heaps of more things and on the top of that all these information stays permenantly on dash.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Yeh unless you have a level 3 cluster (birthday list addition :D) you only get crap readouts.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
mate ur vt wont tells u ur fuel average unless its a vz/vy/ve or u got the 3 window dash. i remember once i drove my friends vz holly crap u can view heaps of handy information like average fuel consumption , litrs used not remaining , date and time u can even recalibrate fuel gauge aswell and heaps heaps of more things and on the top of that all these information stays permenantly on dash.

well all that i can do on my VT as its a calais, the point i was making was that info isnt limited to vy/vz's thats all just need a level 3 cluster on lower models

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
well all that i can do on my VT as its a calais, the point i was making was that info isnt limited to vy/vz's thats all just need a level 3 cluster on lower models

Ok so what's the fuel average ur getting on ur Calais now?

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
that seems interesting.. AS the cluster will still read out of the same bcm:p hahaha.. Ive used a 3 window cluster and it says the same lol

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
VT Wagon I get around 380-400 (V6 Auto)
VX2 Sedan I get 450-500 (V6 Auto)

Doesn't really improve a whole lot on the highway maybe get 500 out of the wagon and 600 from the sedan.

vuTobySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7L LS1 2002
hahah yea im driving ls1 v8 with a few mods, i get 300-400 around town but when i do a long cruse 800-900 however have just had 4.11 diff installed so....well i think ill be getting 200 out of my next tank.....xD this ratio is to much fun!!
Hope that makes u feel better :p

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
hahah yea im driving ls1 v8 with a few mods, i get 300-400 around town but when i do a long cruse 800-900 however have just had 4.11 diff installed so....well i think ill be getting 200 out of my next tank.....xD this ratio is to much fun!!
Hope that makes u feel better :p

hahaha nice.. LOL.
fuel seems to be running better after its first run through of 98.. now using #### fuel as the price is unbearable..

car seems to be running right