Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your opinion - LS1 or XR6T

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
if i remember, i'll try to get a copy of the sub 14second slip for an xr6t in darwin. all he did was remove the air filter.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Doctor Sodways said:
Cheaper to run, i doubt that, listening to my mates complain about the fuel consumption of their cars. The XR6T uses more than the SS does, its quicker, but it uses more petty, funny as to listen to em argue

Actually if you keep the XR off boost you can get very good fuel economy. The tubor starts to boost at 2000rpm and you can gear change these cars at 1500/1800rpm with no problem.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
vztrt said:
Actually if you keep the XR off boost you can get very good fuel economy. The tubor starts to boost at 2000rpm and you can gear change these cars at 1500/1800rpm with no problem.

This is very true, very very true, but cruising, without burrying the right foot into the firewall all the time, the SS seems better, it is manual though, but its still funny to see the guy with the XR fill up twice when the SS fills up once, but i do agree, the XR should be more fuel economic

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Doctor Sodways said:
This is very true, very very true, but cruising, without burrying the right foot into the firewall all the time, the SS seems better, it is manual though, but its still funny to see the guy with the XR fill up twice when the SS fills up once, but i do agree, the XR should be more fuel economic

I guess when you dont get the sound of an V8 you like to drive it hard!! lol

The fuel tank on the Falcons is smaller than the Commo's.

rousey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS A4 - 11.80 @ 120mph, 1.9 sec 60'
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited: