Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your Opinion

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
Just curious, but what are peoples views on using the line "i was drunk" to explain away some really crazy **** they've done.

Personally i think it shouldnt be an accepted excuse because you allowed yourself to get drunk in a situation where u could have done stupid crap.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
depends on the situation:)

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Of course you use it as the reason that you did something stupid or crazy, you wouldnt do it when sober. But if you do something bad, like root your mates missus or something, being drunk is no excuse

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Agree with semi... I know no matter how pissed I have gotten, I have never really been unaware of my actions and the consequences.

I don't think when drunk you don't know what you're doing, just that you care less hehe

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
The excuse has no credibility with me, it's a cheap excuse to get away with something imo, i have shotted a whole 1L bottle of jack daniels i was bloody floored and spend a good 3/4 of the night throwing my guts up in the bush...but i still knew what i was doing.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Not really. As other people have said, most of the time you know what you're doing even if very drunk.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Shortstuff said:
As other people have said, most of the time you know what you're doing even if very drunk.
hmmm.. i cant really back that up. once i got almost through a 700ml bottle of strongly mixed drinks and to coment on that i seriously did not know what i was doing. i woke up in the morning on the floor and my mate told me to have a look outside.. so i did and this glass table was in pieces :whistling , i said i wouldnt have done that. he said well just look at it, then i said that if i did it i would have done it for a reason.. then my next question was why do i smell like cleaning agents? i asked him and he said i dont know.. later on he said he found a bottle of sumthin and threw it at me for a joke.. THE PUZZLE FITS! :p never drinking there AGAIN!

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
it is possible to completely not no what ur doin i once went to a club dont rememeber leavin the next thing i know i woke up in my m8s house and he told me what i did. but again i didnt do nefing majorily stupid.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
doesnt fly with me...no matter how much i drink i still have control over pretty much all what im doing...the only thing that you could possibly claim "I was drunk" on is falling over or into the path of something...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
"I did WHAT with my sister?"

I_DID_WHAT_WITH_MY_SISTER.jpg