Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your Power & Mods

K

Krizto

Baldric said:
hey dude, nice car... but i dont think you have your RWKW figure just right you ET time doenst match the power your stating yoru car has. and its only had a edit and a mcai.. which will not get you 245rwkw, you would need a 225/225 cam to get around 250+rwkw :D
you'd be about 215rwkw

Not true, actually mate with a 229/229 cam you should be able to make a lot more than 250rwkw.

Last Sunday we held a Dyno Day at F1 Performance at the highest rwkw we sore on a car with only Blot On's was 258.5rwkw and that was out of a M6 VX II SS with a mafless tune, OTRCAI and full exhaust on PULP.

The highest rwkw we sore out of a cam/ head & cam package was in a A4 VX II Clubbie making a nice a lumpy 287.7rwkw .... however who car;s really when John's VX Clubbie R8 made 358.9rwkw .... ohh it has a 7psi snail on it :rice:

I will say your time of 13.62 is a little down however that could be your driving technique. As for your future mods their looking good however I suggest you drive around for a bit with a rip shifter before actually installing one. A mate of mine had one in his VX II Clubbie and I hated it, however their bloody hard to break!

I guess with JWR57's car is dose come down a lot to the tune it has on it. when my mate first made 247rwkw 14 months ago with Octain Booster everyone said he was speaking crap and these days I know a lot of people running 240rwkw+ with their Bolt Ons.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

Cheers, Chris.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
i wasnt having a go at you... just doesnt seem right that time on your et looks a bit slow.... for 240+rwkw

will say your time of 13.62 is a little down however that could be your driving technique. As for your future mods their looking good however I suggest you drive around for a bit with a rip shifter before actually installing one. A mate of mine had one in his VX II Clubbie and I hated it, however their bloody hard to break!

I had a kind of rip shifter in my VX SS i managed to smap it off by street racing.... i want to tigten the throw up a bit :) its more fun :)

thats all

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
Make : Holden naturally
Model : VL Commodore Series II SL 5-speed
Year : 1987
EFI,SC,Turbo,Stroked : EFI
Mods : Extractors, 2 1/2in Redback mandrel bent exhaust, VL Turbo clutch, 75mm CAI, 16in clubsport wheels/225 tyres, other stuff like tint, sports wheel, Autometer tacho etc.
Mods to come : Cam, chip, larger throttle body/plenum, suspension, air filter, afterburner
Power : No dyno here
Performance shop : 300 km away
Comments : I like green cordial.

Last edited:

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Model: VN 6 cyl, 5 speed
Year: 1990
EFi, SC, Turbo, Stroked: EFI
Mods: V8 cold air intake, pacemaker extractors, lukey 2 1/2" super flo exhaust, polished TB adaptor
Mods 2 Come: V8 5L Throttle body, stage 3 memcal, pod under air box
Power:will know soon, (G tech ordered and on its way)
Performance Shop: N/A
Comments: goes prety hard for an engine with no internal mods, non restrictive exhaust is a must

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
================================================== =======

Make: holden commodore
Model: vl
Year: 1987
EFi, SC, Turbo, Stroked:EFi
Mods: new spark plugs :p
Mods 2 Come: 2 1/2 exhaust extractors , pod filter's , performance cam chip upgrade, maybe even a small supercharger and rear disc brakes and 5spd manual
Power: watever a stock vl has
Performance Shop: vl projex , repco, autobarn and watever else
Comments: im watching M*A*S*H

================================================== =======

Y

yiddo

Make: Holden
Model: Commodore VN SS
Engine: 5l 304 EFI
Mods: High Flow Turbo Exhaust (Cat back), HSV Chip, CAI
Power: 140rwkw
139,000kms

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Model: VN Berlina
Engine: 3.8L V6
Mods: Custom cold air intake, K&N pannel filter, 2 1/2 inch exhaust cat back, Removed Throttlebody Bellmouth, Lowered 2" Lovell springs, GT gas Shocks.
Power: Untested
Future Mods: Pacemaker extractors, Larger Throtlebody, Get some 17" Rims, Corvette Servo for gearbox, either diff recondition or 3.7 diff gears, tinting
Performance Shop: N/A
Comments: Well after my "run in" the car is back on the road again and im slowly paying off my debts. So planned mods are going to take a bit longer than anticipated. but im pretty happy with the way the car handles and goes for now.

VXMikeM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Model: VX S2
Year: 2001
V6/ V8 EFi, SC, Turbo, Stroked: Ecotec EFi V6
Mods: C.A.I,
Mods 2 Come: Cam, 3.45 LSD, Roller Rockers, 2-1/2 exhaust, lowering, rims, hsv brakes.. etc. etc.
Power: ?? :unsure: ??
Performacne Shop: Dad's House
Comments: It isn't very quick yet

JWR57

Rollin in style......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Toa said:
but MPH is a much better estimate of power than ET and 104mph is about spot on for that power in a late model commy.

Yes true that, other more experienced racers think the MPH does have a bit more in it too, but I thought it was pretty good for my first time tho. I've got a new set of pacemaker tri y's on with a full twin system,RIP shifter is in, OTR coming, just waiting for some legal debacle to be solved! But I'm going to willowbank on the 27 of april so I'll have a new ET to post for ya's. Oh, my mate's VY2 maloo makes 241 rwkw with just exhaust, edit, and cai. He's an auto, has a 2800 stall with 3.9 gears he ran a PB of 13.46 @ 106 on a cold night! So I'm thinking I'm in the right ball park as my run was in summer!, Just have to drive it a bit better, And gain some more experience with launches etc. Cheers.

rousey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS A4 - 11.80 @ 120mph, 1.9 sec 60'
2001 VX SS
Pacemaker headers
Redback 3" single cat back
Opened up cats.
OTRCAI
Maffless Tune
232.1Rwkw
13.38 @ 107.3 mph