Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on the VE

monaro66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
Hey,
I just bought a second hand 2007 VE SV6 Manual in Morpheous with a HSVi Performance Pack. I have had it only a week and really am rapt with the car. Yesterday I had a guy come round to my house to repair the smallest of star cracks in the windscreen and he bagged the s..t out of the car the whole time he was there. He proceeded to tell me how they are put together in the same factory as Daewoo, they are really only nothing more than a base model Commodore, he would never buy one, I paid too much for it (even though I didn't tell him how much I paid for it), he had one once as a hire car and it was falling apart after 3000Ks and so he went on. I put it down to him being just a loud mouth wanker but it left me a little deflated. Just wanted to hear what the general consensus on the VE is and what people have found their VE's are like. By the way, he said he drove a "modified" Celica buzzbox - figures...

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Airstrike plus

Last edited:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i would of grabbed his tools and thown them on the street and told him to **** off, at no point should he of opened his trap about your car, your doing him a favour by giving him business.If i was you and he worked for a company i would ring them up and give them a mouthfull.I love my sv6 ve ute, sure there are little niggles that were fixed at warranty, but them again im not driving a POS celica.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i would of grabbed his tools and thown them on the street and told him to **** off, at no point should he of opened his trap about your car, your doing him a favour by giving him business.If i was you and he worked for a company i would ring them up and give them a mouthfull.I love my sv6 ve ute, sure there are little niggles that were fixed at warranty, but them again im not driving a POS celica.

Absolutely agree. You hired him to work on your car, not tear it to bits. What a prawn.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hey,
I just bought a second hand 2007 VE SV6 Manual in Morpheous with a HSVi Performance Pack. I have had it only a week and really am rapt with the car. Yesterday I had a guy come round to my house to repair the smallest of star cracks in the windscreen and he bagged the s..t out of the car the whole time he was there. He proceeded to tell me how they are put together in the same factory as Daewoo, they are really only nothing more than a base model Commodore, he would never buy one, I paid too much for it (even though I didn't tell him how much I paid for it), he had one once as a hire car and it was falling apart after 3000Ks and so he went on. I put it down to him being just a loud mouth wanker but it left me a little deflated. Just wanted to hear what the general consensus on the VE is and what people have found their VE's are like. By the way, he said he drove a "modified" Celica buzzbox - figures...
Your job is to fix my window, So lay off the 60 min investigation you **** wit, Or I'll call and have someone else come and do the job?.

You hired a window guy, Not a Car reviewer:p, What's he think he is, Jeremy Clark****son:D.

Hire cars are treated within an inch of there life,
I hired a Calais V6, drove more then 1200km, Loved every part of it, I had my nit picks with things, But that is mostly what many have had issues with now, The software has updated and fixed most of them now.

But I'd like him to show us a picture, Of a Holden Commodore being built next to a deadwood in South Korea:p.

Anyway if you love your car love it!, And don't be ashamed of it,
He sounds like a **** wit, He probably is pist his cardigan got crinkled.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Exactly what I was thinking when some JC members attempted to burst my bubble letting ya'll know about my VZ :p

I dont think anyone tried to burst your bubble. Your car, and you love it... As it should be. You just paid WAY too much :p

Anyhow, to the OP, the VE makes ever Commodore before it feel like a bucket of bolts to drive. I have had a VT, VX and driven a VZ many times. The VE ****s all over them!!!

I have had two now, a 195kw V6 Calais with FE2 so would be EXACTLY the same driving characteristics as your SV6. AWESOME CAR!!! But I bought a VE HSV Clubsport R8 this year and it is pretty much the pinacle of my car owning experience since I started driving in 1996 (so far).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... But most are that the VE is second to no other Commodore or Falcon - EVER!!!

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Your always going to get someone that doesn't like the car you drive whether it be a VE or any other car. Everyone has different tastes and opinions. Just don't take their comments to heart. Just laugh them off, just remember the only opinion that matters is your own!

The funniest comment I've heard about the VE in general is that it "looks like a bimmer on steroids" found that pretty funny.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
As long as your happy with the car that's all that matters. You buy a car for you and not to make anyone else happy.

So if it was the best brand/model for your price range that you could find and it puts a smile on your face when you drive it then who cares what someone says.

At least you didn't buy a Toyota!! :p