Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on the VE

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
"looks like a bimmer on steroids" .

someone DID ask me if my car was a BMW ? (the chevy badges are ****in' huge for god sake !)

I drove all kinds of cars, to be exact (1996 Caprice, 1999 Nissan Maxima, 2004 Kia Cerato, 2006 TrailBlazer, 2006 Nissan Altima, 1997 Mustang, 2004 Mitsubishi (pick up), and 1995 Nissan Cefiro)

So I HAVE exp. OK ? All of these car couldn't reach 85% of what the VE can do, yours is an SV6 so it's maybe a little slower than a V8.

:thumbsup:Be Proud Of What You Drive:thumbsup:

plus, WTF do he know ? (He Fix Windows for the love of god!!!)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
He was probably just jealous...

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Airstrike plus

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The funniest comment I've heard about the VE in general is that it "looks like a bimmer on steroids" found that pretty funny.

I read a road test in Top Gear recently, where Clarkson said, after driving a VXR8, "This car could only come from a country that hasn't signed the Kyoto protocol". I liked that line.

monaro66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
Crikey!

Mate look at this thread:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...s-about-details-ve-what-have-you-noticed.html

I reckon the VE is a dream to drive and all the bull**** I've placed up on the thread above is just nit-picking and having a bit of a joke.

Ok, there's a few minor things but in general I reckon it's extremely well built and a pleasure to drive; mind you I only have a base model VE.

I really can't fault the car:thumbsup:

As far as that person goes, I wouldn't worry too much, that just happens in life. You've got a nice car mate so enjoy:thumbsup::)
Mate,I saw one of the 60th Anniversary VE's at the local dealer's showroom and really liked the way it looked, far from looking like a "base model" I thought. You've done well!! Took my car out for a spin today and still got a kick out of it. Made me realise why I bought it in the first place. Just confirmed my theory that the windscreen guy was a wanker

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I read a road test in Top Gear recently, where Clarkson said, after driving a VXR8, "This car could only come from a country that hasn't signed the Kyoto protocol". I liked that line.

He actually said "this car could only come from a country that hadn't sign the Kyoto Treaty". But was funny nonetheless knowing what he meant. Since then though, our stupid dick head leader, Kruddy has signed... :bang:

monaro66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
I dont think anyone tried to burst your bubble. Your car, and you love it... As it should be. You just paid WAY too much :p

Anyhow, to the OP, the VE makes ever Commodore before it feel like a bucket of bolts to drive. I have had a VT, VX and driven a VZ many times. The VE ****s all over them!!!

I have had two now, a 195kw V6 Calais with FE2 so would be EXACTLY the same driving characteristics as your SV6. AWESOME CAR!!! But I bought a VE HSV Clubsport R8 this year and it is pretty much the pinacle of my car owning experience since I started driving in 1996 (so far).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... But most are that the VE is second to no other Commodore or Falcon - EVER!!!
Cous,
I have seen pics of your Clubbie on other posts.....AWESOME looking vehicle! Thanks to you and everyone else that replied and put a positive spin on things. I can handle someone not liking my car, everyone has their own ideas, but I would have thought dealing with the public every day he would have a bit more tact - obviously not. I have never been a big fan of Celicas either but didn't feel the need to tell him so - maybe next time?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Cous,
I have seen pics of your Clubbie on other posts.....AWESOME looking vehicle!

I have to agree, but I'm biased! :D :whistling (Teins are coming!!!)

BW_IMG_0992.jpg

Thanks to you and everyone else that replied and put a positive spin on things. I can handle someone not liking my car, everyone has their own ideas, but I would have thought dealing with the public every day he would have a bit more tact - obviously not. I have never been a big fan of Celicas either but didn't feel the need to tell him so - maybe next time?

No worries dude! Just keep smiling and enjoying the best Commodore EVER!!! :D :D :D

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
IOk, there's a few minor things but in general I reckon it's extremely well built and a pleasure to drive; mind you I only have a base model VE.

Geez you like short changin yaself eh?:p base model is Omega, you are a step up from that stop selling yaself short :D

And slick_get_away got it in one! If some retard started that **** when doing something on my car, I tell them to **** off you aren't getting my business now! :bang:

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
In my experience I've found that most people that own those ****y little import cars can't help but bag out anything that's not exactly the same. They seem to have a mentality that their little coffin of a car, which needs to be revved to 7000rpm to perform is superior to anything else on the road.

They mostly have huge inferiority complexes and need to race their crappy little druggo mobiles around the streets with their endless illegal modifications and blow off valves to prove to everyone how superior they are.

My advice is to ignore the wanker, don't ever give him business again and enjoy the fact that you're driving one of the most popular cars in the country while this other guy is driving around town in a car that truly suits what a thoroughbred wanker he is!

Rant over.