Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

Bigbadbazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
Thanks for the welcome voodoo.

The dealer told told me today that the O2 sensors are faulty and are getting replaced.

Bit of an inconvenience, but at least it's getting fixed. Hopefully should be all good after this.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
O2 sensors on most modern cars seem to create headaches from time to time. No biggy replacing them for the dealer. If that's the issue, you'll be fine after that

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
just had the harmonic balancer replaced.add that to my previous list, but it wasn't all bad, scored a new clubby steering wheel pretty cheap.a benefit of having a good relationship with your local dealer.

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
Idler pulley was making a rattle noise, passenger side A pillar rattle. Other than that it's been great!

Ride: VE SS series 2 manual.

richie83

Reaction score
Purchased the car (company vehicle, 2011 Equipe Sportswagon Series 2) and picked up on December 1st.

Driving to Bunbury on 7th December, had about 700km on the odometer, crusing at 110km/h about 15km out of Bunbury and screen flashes up 'Stability Control' error, car goes into limp mode. Pull off the high, turn the engine off, restart, error goes away. Drive 100m, does it again.

Call Holden assist (this happened to me at 9:45am). Go through having the RAC (via Holden Assist) sent out, guy plugs his OBD Scanner in, spits out about 50 errors. Resets it, starts the car, does it again. Tow truck called, arrives at 2pm. So I basically sat in the middle of nowhere for 4 hours (on company time, mind you). End up leaving Bunbury at 4:30pm after having to stuff around trying to get a hire car. The dealer there ends up giving me their courtesy car to drive back to Perth. Dealer in Bunbury plan to fix the problem and ship the car back (they told me some wank about them having, and I quote, 'the most experienced Holden techs in the country'). Drive the courtesy car to my local dealer the next morning and swap it for a Holden rental.

Car arrives back on the Friday at my local dealer, problem fixed, allegedly. Hop into the car, drive back to work, halfway back, exact same problem. Take it back to the dealer, get my rental car back. They test it and find out the throttle body is knackered, but they have to order one direct from Holden in Adelaide.

Finally received the car back 22nd December, and now works fine.

I'm also having issues with some rattles (appears to be coming from inside the centre aircon vents) and the Pollution Mode on the aircon not working. It switches in between fresh and recirculate, but when you stop and park, the aircon switches to recirculate, like normal. Come back to the car, turn it on again, the aircon gets stuck in recirculate, so you have to push the button to turn off. I've just turned it off for the time being, but hopefully its a software issue and they can fix it.

Also had issues with the IQ system either not turning or, or getting stuck on a mode.

What are the chances of getting the rattles/squeaks fixed and the aircon issue fixed at it's 3000km service?

schwanm

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6
What are the chances of getting the rattles/squeaks fixed and the aircon issue fixed at it's 3000km service?

My local Holden dealer said 'squeaks and rattles' are only covered under warranty for the first 1500km, but I suspect it might not be true... :/

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
you should be right. yes the std holden policy is within 1500km but most dealerships are pretty good with this sort of thing rattle wise. your aircon i'm not sure about. have you tried a reset. i cant remember excactly how to do it but if you shoot ricey a pm he'll be able to tell you or someone else here could if they read this,its pretty easy to do. apart from trying that mate it sounds like a dealer job.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
What are the chances of getting the rattles/squeaks fixed

Unlikely, more to the point, if you want to keep your Commodore rattle free then employ a Holden Tech and put him on a full time wage. You will never get rid of all the rattles in a VE, they are built like ****. Too many hard plastics, too many clips and joins, rattling is synonymous with a VE Commodore.

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
i not long picked up an 07 omega sedan i have done 2000k in it thus far have full log book history with car it was owned by a business in sydney the car has believe it or not 183000k on it paid next to nuthin for it 8k car has had a interior light problem fixed at 2000k and thats it drives like new slight rattle in left front top strut bearing and thats it no rattles no squeaks motor is hard to tell its even running its that quiet everyone who looks it over is just blown away that its got so many ks and is as clean as a whistle , my local mechanic looked it over before purchase and his jaw drop and tryed to get the number of the owner out of me so he could buy the bloody thing himself , 8k may have been a bit dear but hey shes as close to a new car as i will ever get so im very pleased . believe me im not shittin ya its an awsome car

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
had an omega before my ss with 50 thousand kms

had excessive tyre wear in the rear, changed a bent bar in the back but it still wore out, drove it for 30 thousand k's no other issues came up

my ssv ive only had for 4 thousand k's, the day i got it the gearbox seemed to have a light chatter was told this is normal noise for this model also the mechanic pointed out that myne was actually quieter than what he normally hears.

drivers side window door rubber is bent in so the window dosent shut properly, apparently can be fixed under new car warranty havent had it seen to yet