Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Drivers door Check Strap
Wiper Motor
Both Fog Lights (moisture)

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Water logged carpets all the time. Holden dont have a clue whats going on, going back in soon to get the ENTIRE interior pulled out AGAIN so they can scratch there heads somemore......

thunderlips

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega , HQ GTS Coupe.
Not long after I got my duel fuel Omega it stalled while going round a roundabout.
I think it was going through the transition phase of changing between petrol and gas.
It totally died.

I pulled over, flicked the switch back to petrol and it restarted.
Hasn't happened since but it sure was unnerving.
Sometimes now I manually change between petrol and gas when I'm going in a straight line, instead of leaving it to do it automatically.

I'll be sure to mention it to the dealer when the 25k service comes up.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I have had brake squeals, rattles all over the place, noisy seat, noisy auto trans (in my earlier Series 1) and a few minor things replaced under warranty. Quality and well built do not go together with the word "Holden".

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
- Air box thing in the dash got a crack and leaked water throughout the floor of the car... Lovely mouldy smell for a while.

Did it drip from under the dash on the passenger side of the car?? Mine does this when it rains and the car is stationary but when I am driving it does not drip.

Also unrelated note guys I need help and didn't want to start a new thread about it.... I have an Omega and this pathetic single disc CD player, not only is it crap but it scratches my CDs, I'd get less damage if I opened the door while I was driving and dragged my CDs on the road. Anyway rant over. I am lining up to buy the black 6 stacker and I am wondering if it will just plug right in the same and will it work correctly on my ugly little green screen at the top?

Last edited:

PhatCommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VR Wagon
Had the centre console storage bin door replaced because it wouldn't close. The passenger side vanity mirror lights were flickering whenever they were on so I got that replaced, and I had to get the harmonic balancer replaced as well. This is on my 2006 calais V8 sedan.

Last edited:

piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ute , Range Rover Vogue
I'm driving around now with the ABS, esp, check engine alarms coming up every time i start it, this is the 4th time in less than 20,000 kilometres, no doubt just a sensor, so i just reset 'em and keep driving until i get the time to get 'em looked at.
A rattle in the dash somewhere on the drivers side as well, not much, but yea, i have less hassles with my 24 year old Landcruiser Ute.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
air con compressor replaced after one week of ownership (brand new ute)
bonnet replaced at the same time due to over enthusiastic spot buffing at factory
both seat "flip" mechanism's replaced
pass side dash rattle fixed,trim replaced
drivers seat foam bolster replaced -collapsed
drivers seat bottom cloth trim replaced-bodgy stitch job done when bolster replaced
driver side exterior sill trim re mounted, half of mounting points broken off from factory
drivers side door re-aligned, not done properly from factory
dirt in paint, ''too bad''
pass side sill inside between rear wheel arch and door where 'ss' badge is located on the exterior full of mud and crap-need to take liner out to see it, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND ALL UTE OWNERS CHECK THIS AREA as ive since seen 2 more utes with the same problem, theres gunna be some rust ridden VE utes in a few years for sure
and of course the obligitory lifter rattle that LS engines have, dont care, going to turf the GM rubbish soon anyway
thats it for now

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
ive had the drivers side door lock/actuator replaced due to not turning off radio.