Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Did it drip from under the dash on the passenger side of the car?? Mine does this when it rains and the car is stationary but when I am driving it does not drip.
Yes, there is drain tubes that are meant to flow the condensation out the bottom of the car but the tube was cracked where it meets the air box. This caused leaking down the side of the transmission hump into the passenger footwell. There ended up being so much water that the back carpet was wet too.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Hey all, if you're posting stuff can you list your exact model? cheers.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
My 2009 SSV Sportwagon has had only had one fault so far.
The stitching on the steering wheel is lifting. Still have to get it looked at.
But apart from that the car has been awesome couldn't be happier.
Car has done 32,000k's now.

Darks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
2011 SV6 - Manual
Only a few creaks at the moment
taking off I get a crunch sound sometimes
Reverse sometimes seems like its come out of gear, but is in fact still in
annoying crackling sound at low rpms / speed from the gear stick (seems like)
dealer carwash scratched the car last week
annoying speakers
fuel economy ain't that great. 12.8 all day everyday with mixture of 20km distance trips (at one speed) and traffic / stop start

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Yes, there is drain tubes that are meant to flow the condensation out the bottom of the car but the tube was cracked where it meets the air box. This caused leaking down the side of the transmission hump into the passenger footwell. There ended up being so much water that the back carpet was wet too.

Mine filled up with water and the back of the car only on passenger side was full of water and I had to pail it out with a McDonalds cup and soak up as much as I could with paper towel while kneeling at a bowser at a servo. I haven't had a chance to even get it looked at, was it easy to fix and how much did it cost you to get done?

P.S carpet also had little mushrooms.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

No, this is even if it has been in the garage for days, no rain for weeks etc. They seem to think there is a seam or something in the Firewall but i still dont understand where the water comes from. It doesnt need to be topped up with water either ? go figure.

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
2010 SSV, theres a thread here documenting my issues with the lifters in this engine starting at 7000km's. To be fair Holden has been thorough in trying to get this sorted out, after 3 sets of lifters they will now be replacing the engine with a new L77. If you're buying new you won't have the lifter issue as i hear thats been fixed in the L77 motor. Other warranty issues i've had have been with the cheap thin plastic mouldings in the centre console.
Quality is not what it once was, too much cost cutting and weight saving in this model. I had a VZ adventra before this and it was of a higher quality of finish, in a way i regret trading that car. On the positive side the SSV is a great driving car and the fuel consumption is quite surprising when you consider how much grunt the V8 is making.

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Also one of my belts or pulleys is loud too. Just the general running noise, I was quiet when I first got the car but now it's loud. I don't rev my car past 3,000rpm normally so I've never flogged it.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
So far only had the door seal around the window come loose , plastic clips snapped or somthing. Was a quick fix.
Also rough gear shifts but my tuner sorted that out.