Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

redneck08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Engine stripped and rebuilt at 2000kms to find a knock that sounded like it was about to drop its ass all over the floor. Not covered under warrenty because of an otr and tune. Shittest rebuild ive ever seen. When the cam was done my tuner spent four hours trying to get out a cross threaded cam retainer bolt

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Mine filled up with water and the back of the car only on passenger side was full of water and I had to pail it out with a McDonalds cup and soak up as much as I could with paper towel while kneeling at a bowser at a servo. I haven't had a chance to even get it looked at, was it easy to fix and how much did it cost you to get done?
I had my family friend mechanic look at it... Ended up sikaflexing the broken plastic rather than dismantling the dash to replace the damaged box. He didn't charge me anything.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
2007 SS Sedan Manual

ive had loose starter motor connection causing the car to not want to start randomly (fixed) and a shagged out harmonic balancer (replaced not under warranty) i think soon enough ill be replacing a pulley as theres a squeak coming from the front of the car thats hinting a ####ed pulley..!

edit: oh and front end suspension rattles - fix attempt at last service but the rattle has come back.. will get it looked at again.

Last edited:

azzaholic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
Mother In-Laws car = VE Omega

She has had the radio replaced 4 times in 2 years, heater core replaced twice, front brake calipers were assembled loosely causing them to not function properly, the window switches playing up every few days, the aircon compressor had a short from new but wasn't noticed until summer of '09, and a whole lot more

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
2007 Berlina i bought with 135000 k on it.

sloppy sway bar bushes in the front causing suspension rattles $8 diy
noisy rear wheel bearing on drivers side had to be replaced for $380 holden
2 blown stop light globe
1 blown headlight globe

Good Car.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
2010 sv6 ....had it since sept 2010, done approx 10 000 k's so far

nothing wrong with it so far (knock on the wood!)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Hey all, if you're posting stuff can you list your exact model? cheers.

Great suggestion!
Any chance for those who've already posted to include their model year body shape in their post?
Would be very interesting to see if there's particular problems with model/body shapes.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey all, if you're posting stuff can you list your exact model? cheers.

Look where it says "ride", like how yours says "N/A".....

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Yeh don't own a holden yet, just lurking...

Good point but still they might have other cars / newer ones etc....

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
2009 3.6L International.
Only 12,000K in two years. Have had no problems except front end was out when purchased new making it feel a little "nervous". All fixed at 3 month service.
Just took it 300 kilometers south and 300 K back without a drama, and it showed 9.3 kilometers per litre. No idea if that's good or bad. Filled with 95 octane......can use 10% ethanol, but decided not to. Kept just above speed limits as did not want to have to give any government more than I have to.
Nice cruising on the highway, but would be so nice to be able to cruise at 160K plus........guess it will never happen.