Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
-Central locking wouldn't open (needed reprogramming)
- Air-con belt keeps coming off (on my 10th belt)
- Gear box has a really bad pause and slams back to third from sixth when not in sports mode and you stomp on the accelerator.

Who puts the belts on, keys dont lose their program and ALL AUTO GEARBOXES KICK BACK TO A LOWER GEAR WHEN "STOMP ON THE ACCELERATOR"

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
I have had brake squeals, rattles all over the place, noisy seat, noisy auto trans (in my earlier Series 1) and a few minor things replaced under warranty. Quality and well built do not go together with the word "Holden".

Ive done 15,000KM and the only problem was i had to change oil and filters at the 15,000 service.Great car to drive, reliable and well built.

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
Anyone had any issues with their power window switches? Mine decided to stop working half way down whilest camping over the weekend.
Had to leave the car several times at the boat ramp, camp-site, shops with the window down, which makes you rather nervous when its a new ssv.
Luckily it decided to work for a few seconds on the way home so ive now got the window up.
Not sure if its got anything to do with it, but the battery was drained from using other accessories & after the jump start to drive home the window worked, but hasnt again since.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
- Gear box has a really bad pause and slams back to third from sixth when not in sports mode and you stomp on the accelerator.

excactly what it's supposed to do. In sports mode, it would probably go back to second. I stomped mine to overtake somebody doing 90kph last weekend... it went to better than 6,000rpm in second, then changed into 3rd.

I always drive with mine in sports mode.

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
excactly what it's supposed to do. In sports mode, it would probably go back to second. I stomped mine to overtake somebody doing 90kph last weekend... it went to better than 6,000rpm in second, then changed into 3rd.

I always drive with mine in sports mode.

What is sports mode, i dont have it in my SSV, i have active select (6 speed auto trans) but it wont kick back when in active select and **** for overtaking when in that unless you click it back to 3rd manually..

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Love my Berlina Intl, only had the steering wheel replaced due to the leather lifting.

love the car

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
2010 wm caprice. Just took it into Holden today to have the transmission replaced. For the second time.

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Wow, what a read. I'm a VT owner, had one problem in 13 years that prevented me from driving the car (BCM failure), been smooth the rest of the time. I've been looking at upgrading to a VE SS or SS-V. This thread certainly makes one think though, given how many posts are from SS/SSV owners and the range of issues.

There is a well documented history throughout the Holden model range that suggests Holden can make lemons better than a lemon tree, but it's usually only a small few that turn out that way.

I would still rather take my chances on a VE than resort to driving a falcon any day!

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I know a guy who had one of the first built SSV's and in the years he owned there was not one single thing that went wrong. Mine is a 2008 so a few years into the build and Holden seemed to have dropped the ball.

It's usually the first cars that have problems which get ironed out in subsequent models. It didn't appear to be the case with VE.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I think what speaks volumes for the VE is that many people after owning one, go back and buy another. Hell, if I had the money, I'd go buy a SS-V Ute for myself.