Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VF2... How long did you wait.

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
I am interested to know how long people have waited for their cars to land after ordering.

My scenario:
VF2 Redline Sportwagon ordered / deposit paid on 29 Feb. (I left it to the last day of the month to get a better deal. The dealer seemed to be having a quiet sales month).

The delivery date as given to me is 18 May - that's the date the Dealer expects to have my car off-loaded from the truck.

That's a long wait.
The dealer reckons that in VF2s the V8s are more popular than Holden's projections so the wait time is going up. He cited the extra incentives on V6s as evidence of this.

I personally wonder if he sold my production slot to someone willing to pay the full RRP?

So.... VF2 buyers, let's see what type of wait time you have. I'll start the list. You add your own

jbcow - VF2 SSV Redline Sportwagon Ordered 29 Feb 16 - Delivery 18 May 16 (if it comes then)

Last edited:

flackjax

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 Nitrate Silver SSV Redline Sportwagon
Ordered SSV-R Sportwagon 19th March to be delivered 25th May

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
There's already a similar thread. I ordered two, two weeks apart, and it was a 3month wait for delivery. Cars ordered first and third week of January. Cars arrived late March and early April.

43lr155

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV redline
20.04.2016 Brisbane, VF2 SSV Redline silver in stock, I just had to wait 2 days for rego

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
Thanks, sorry. I did look for a thread but didn't find it....

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I wouldn't be sorry this one generated more interest and responses in the last day than the other one has for the last month.

3 postings including the OP's plus a 4th pointing out there is already a thread then 2 more posts regarding the existing one, a real record breaker.

The other is not that far down the page, it's not like it's out of sight and its had 99 posts since the 9th of February.

And when you type 'delivery times' or 'how long' in the search field it comes up.

It really doesn't matter to me how many threads get produce but most forums won't allow it as you end up with piece meal and fragmented info.

After a few people reply a new member comes along and starts another new one and so the cycle goes on.

It's not hard to understand the silliness of it and how difficult it becomes when someone it trying to search the site and that's why Moderators on most forums stop it from happening and member will point new thread makers to existing ones.

It's acceptable forum etiquette and it make the site much easier for new members negotiate.

Not that I should worry as I only come here to see what mods members do to their cars as reading the same questions over and over doesn't interest me much.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
I ordered my SSV Redline Ute 26th March expected delivery 2nd to 3rd week of June.. But no confirmed date... All I got was 8 - 10 weeks, but the dealer did tell me he had a customer wait 14weeks to get a Calais V Ls3 in empire bronze.... I am guessing with Holden closing down local production hey only producing smaller numbers off production line.